SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum trying to determine if any others have information regarding T8 deliveries on the west coast. I ordered my T8 in Seattle in mid May 2015. Long story short, it's been a wild ride trying to get my hands on this vehicle. Lets just say Volvo has a lot to learn about customers and communication if they are going to appeal to a broad group of buyers. My experience with a new order BMW in the past was orders of magnitude better - no comparison.

Progress was finally made when I was informed my XC90 arrived in port in Los Angeles area on January 9. Car was due into my dealer with a 1/17 ETA. Alas, no car this weekend. Yesterday, my dealer informed me that the new ETA was 1/18 (same day), but then later said that the "system" still showed the status as at port. As I expected, my XC90 didn't show up. Clearly they have no idea.

Has anyone out there taken delivery of a T8 from the west coast? If so, what was the timing from port to delivery? Any insight is appreciated as my 8 months of patience is really wearing on me!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Which dealer? I got my T8 from AutoNation in Bellevue, they kept me updated. No complaints.

Mine arrived in port 12/28 according to 2wglobal. I did have port installed features, not sure how much that affects things. It arrived in Bellevue on the night of the 14th and I picked it up on the morning of 16th. So a little under 3 weeks from port delivery.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My dealer thinks that I will be able to get delivery Friday. He thinks any delay is waiting for a truck to get filled up with cars and than making deliveries.

2wglobal said that my vehicle was going to Tacoma, but the dealer said that it's coming from Califonia.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Which dealer? I got my T8 from AutoNation in Bellevue, they kept me updated. No complaints.

Mine arrived in port 12/28 according to 2wglobal. I did have port installed features, not sure how much that affects things. It arrived in Bellevue on the night of the 14th and I picked it up on the morning of 16th. So a little under 3 weeks from port delivery.
This is about right. From my prior experiences, the West Coast gets new European models about three weeks later than the East Coast. I think you are right regarding port installed features and the specific model options. Either way, it sounds like "West Coast T8"'s car is not far behind. It sounds like CARB approval did cause a somewhat unpredictable delay for everybody.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mine came into LA port too (but I live in Southern CA)... all of them were held up ~2 weeks by CARB (California Air Resources Board) after getting cleared by EPA. Mine arrived in port before New Years, was supposed to be delivered on 1/4, and didn't get to the dealer until Sunday 1/17. My dealer didn't even know it was released from port until it showed up on the truck. Of course of the 2 he received, mine's the only one he can't release because something is wrong with the plug and it won't charge. And I just got off the phone with him and it sounds like it will be a while before they know what is wrong and how to fix it.... not a good omen.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum trying to determine if any others have information regarding T8 deliveries on the west coast. I ordered my T8 in Seattle in mid May 2015. Long story short, it's been a wild ride trying to get my hands on this vehicle. Lets just say Volvo has a lot to learn about customers and communication if they are going to appeal to a broad group of buyers. My experience with a new order BMW in the past was orders of magnitude better - no comparison.

Progress was finally made when I was informed my XC90 arrived in port in Los Angeles area on January 9. Car was due into my dealer with a 1/17 ETA. Alas, no car this weekend. Yesterday, my dealer informed me that the new ETA was 1/18 (same day), but then later said that the "system" still showed the status as at port. As I expected, my XC90 didn't show up. Clearly they have no idea.

Has anyone out there taken delivery of a T8 from the west coast? If so, what was the timing from port to delivery? Any insight is appreciated as my 8 months of patience is really wearing on me!
We live in San Francisco bay area and just received a call from dealer saying car is at dealership and ready to be picked up tomorrow, 22 January. We had ordered the T8 within a day of order books opening for that drivetrain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts