SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my V60 P* to COBB plano today to put her on the mustang dyno and get a baseline. with about 2K on the odo and temps in the lower sixties, my wagon put down 299WHP and 364WTQ! if polestar's advertised numbers are to be believed, than these cars are SEVERLY underrated on the torque numbers. to get back to 345HP at the crank from 299WHP, you need to factor a 15.5% drive train loss on my particular car. using that same factor on the realized torque at the wheels says crank torque is actually 420. what?!? happy holidays, mofos! :D

as a point of reference, my 2012 GR STI with a full stage 2+ kit (cobb sf+ intake, cobb TBE and cobb OTS 93-octane stg 2 map) made 304 WHP and 344WTQ. they are re-uploading the old STI files so that I can do an overlay between the two. will update once i have that in my hands. thanks to the guys at cobb plano, Neal, Nick and Calvin for welcoming the P* into their garage. they were always top-notch with my subarus and build cars RIGHT. too bad there's not a bigger market for P* work, or i'm sure they'd be on it.

with a free-flowing DP (ferrita anyone?) and a marginal tune, i don't see any reason i couldn't get to 340/400 at the wheels. c'mon P*, sell me a DP and OTS map!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
75 Posts
What a bummer. Weirdly enough I had a similar issue with my GR STi. Stock it put out 265whp, 280wtq. Seems to be a common issues with a lot of companies today, overstating their power and whatnot.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
What a bummer. Weirdly enough I had a similar issue with my GR STi. Stock it put out 265whp, 280wtq. Seems to be a common issues with a lot of companies today, overstating their power and whatnot.
Huh, bummer? This is far from a bummer. These numbers back up that P*'s numbers are understated, not overstated. The car is rated at 345hp, 369ft-lbs at the crank. These dyno numbers are more than solid. A 15% drivetrain loss on an AWD car is what you are expecting on the low end, some are as high as 20%.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Typical of a performance-tuned Volvo turbo - usually quote an RPM 'range' of torque and even power. In lesser tunes, the torque really is a 'plateau' as the waste gate is set to pop off at the lower RPM range, but most of the higher tunes play with the fuel/air/boost ratios and can achieve a much higher peak torque within that RPM range.
Recently lamented '07 V70R with a stage 1 IPD tune was really quite satisfying above 3000 RPM and, if you looked at the published dyno chart, peaked at about 340 ft lbs at 3300 RPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
Good stuff...consistency is a rarity in the world of dynos, so similar baselines are encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
My non polestar 2012 S60 T6 RD with polestar tune did 276AWHP and 340AWTQ for reference as well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
love this!! keep it up. Can we see PSI and AFRs? I'm on the verge of picking up a V60 P* as a DD. My '12 GV STi with all sorts of mods running 355/365 on the stock long block will become the weekend fun/track/autox car. You sir are only encouraging me :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
love this!! keep it up. Can we see PSI and AFRs? I'm on the verge of picking up a V60 P* as a DD. My '12 GV STi with all sorts of mods running 355/365 on the stock long block will become the weekend fun/track/autox car. You sir are only encouraging me :)
i wish! mine is the first and only volvo ever dyno'd at any of the COBB locations in the US. lol. the local guys weren't quite sure where to tap into the P* to get at PSI and we didn't tap an O2 bung for AFR. surely there's an easy way to grab those variables off the T6, right?

·
Registered
105 Posts
i wish! mine is the first and only volvo ever dyno'd at any of the COBB locations in the US. lol. the local guys weren't quite sure where to tap into the P* to get at PSI and we didn't tap an O2 bung for AFR. surely there's an easy way to grab those variables off the T6, right?

1st of many let's hope! i'm surprised they didn't through a portable wideband in the exhaust while on the rollers just out of curiosity.

so an Innovate dual wideband/boost gauge should be on the list of early mods? bung welded onto a ferrita DP and a tap somewhere after the intercooler? sitting in a custom vent pod to the left of the column? this could be dangerous for me...

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
wouldnt get to happy,

not all dynos are the same,

and were still talking about a 13 second car here
Thank you Capt. Negative. This is now the 2nd dyno result with consistent results. Consistency is what we are looking for and we are getting it so far. We know what are cars are capable of, because we drive them everyday.

·
Registered
105 Posts
wouldnt get to happy,

not all dynos are the same,

and were still talking about a 13 second car here

Thank you for the input... I'm fully aware of the issues of comparing dyno results car by car, dyno by dyno, tune by tune, etc. I'm just pleased to see the results of someone putting a stock P* on a Cobb Mustang (where there is a ton of baseline data on other cars). You clearly like to take passes at the strip (on stock or lighly modded cars?). I much prefer spirited driving, track days and auto X and extensive mods. To each his own

1 - 17 of 17 Posts