SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry its been a while guys my cable modem has been retarded for the past 3 or 4 months. Anyways i got it fixed so i am back.

I went out to the 8th mile drag strip ran 4 time keeping in mind this was my first time to drag race. I ran 4 times best was an 8.7 @ 78mph. No launch either.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Re: went to the 8th mile drag strip tonight (Stoobey)

Quote, originally posted by Stoobey »
I ran 4 times best was an 8.7 @ 78mph.
There is a rule of thumb that says quarter-mile ET is 1.55 times the eighth-mile ET. If it applies, it puts you in the thirteens.

That seems optimistic in this case. Nonetheless, good job! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,810 Posts

Sorry its been a while guys my cable modem has been retarded for the past 3 or 4 months. Anyways i got it fixed so i am back.

I went out to the 8th mile drag strip ran 4 time keeping in mind this was my first time to drag race. I ran 4 times best was an 8.7 @ 78mph. No launch either.

78MPH for 8.7seconds seems really slow. My personal best is a 9.299 seconds at 78.13 MPH.

· Super Moderator
14,857 Posts
Re: went to the 8th mile drag strip tonight (MASH)

hes saying its SLOW for his time.
he went 78mph with at 9.299 compared to 8.7.

hes saying his speed should be HIGHER for that fast of a time.

· Registered
6,026 Posts
sheesh people... why to all the posted track times get scrutinized? It is possible for someone to get a good time in the R.

Congrats on your time man! I wish more people on this site would go to the track on a more regular basis.

· Registered
10 Posts

His time is probally correct if he had a reaction time of 0.00 I ran about 8 time last year on a 1/8 mile and ran from 9.1 - 9.4 and never broke 79 mph but if I minus out my reaction times I get 8.5 - 8.9

Svenske DP, and Powerchips ECU, Blue Engine Bushing and 10 gals of 100 octane

· Registered
1,845 Posts
Re: went to the 8th mile drag strip tonight (omahas60r)

Quote, originally posted by omahas60r »
His time is probally correct if he had a reaction time of 0.00 I ran about 8 time last year on a 1/8 mile and ran from 9.1 - 9.4 and never broke 79 mph but if I minus out my reaction times I get 8.5 - 8.9

Svenske DP, and Powerchips ECU, Blue Engine Bushing and 10 gals of 100 octane

Reaction time has nothing to do with your resulting times.

· Registered
6,026 Posts
keep in mind that we do have turbos... if you sift right but have a bad launch you can have a slower time but faster trap.

Also keeo in mind that the 1.55 x 1/8 mile time is useless when you put a turbo in as a variable...

Plus the times can be different bases on elevation, temp, track angle, strack surface plus a 100 other things. Just take the time for what it is worth and gongradulate the guy for even going!

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Re: went to the 8th mile drag strip tonight (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
hes saying its SLOW for his time.
he went 78mph with at 9.299 compared to 8.7.
hes saying his speed should be HIGHER for that fast of a time.

Looks like when I was pulling 8.7s on my best runs, I was averaging 85mph at the 1/8 mile point...

· Registered
2,544 Posts
Re: went to the 8th mile drag strip tonight ("R" Kelly)

I got these times using my FX2 g-timer (12" roll-out and 2.1deg/G pitch factor):

1/8mile 9.32s @ 72.07mph / 0-60 5.75s
1/8mile 9.38s @ 78.20mph / 0-60 6.18s
1/8mile 9.45s @ 79.94mph / 0-60 6.12s

I'm having a hard time tonight wrapping my brain around how these numbers work. Do the trends between my three runs seem right?

My car is stock except for BMC/Heico drop-in filter and I was shifting at around 5000rpm.

LTA

· Registered
2,544 Posts

What do you mean by 'no launch either'. We're you taking it easy on the launch, or what

8.7 seems pretty darn good considering "R" Kelly's times using his heavily mod'ed friend's car.

LTA

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry guys I forgot to say i also have my ECU flashed by evolve 93 octane.

I finally got my internet cable modem fixed turns out my box was bad os i got a new on today ill be back on to talk pretty regularly now.

My internet worked for 5 minutes last night and died stupid cable modem box it is like 4 years old so i got a new one.

Anyways Thats my bad on not saying anything about my ECU being flashed but yea it makes a big difference.

First run was a 9.6 @ 76 bogged down pretty bad and had like a 1.2 on the reaction

second was a 9.4 @ 77 bogged down bad .9 reaction

third was a 9.0 @ 78 good start .5 reaction

fourth 8.7 @ 78mph awesome start got it down pretty good still need sopme practice reaction was .2

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: went to the 8th mile drag strip tonight (LTA)

I didn't rev up my engine to lets say 5,000rpm and dump the clutch

I just rev it up to about 3,500 and eased out the clutch like at a traffic light.

I barked the tires all the way threw third gear and yes i can shift pretty darn good

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.