SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i was younger (16-19) i worked at a Volvo,Mercedes, and Jaguar dealer here in Schererville Indiana. And i remember it was just another day at work when the first R I had ever laid my eyes on came in. I was immediately intrigued by how well the lines rolled down the body and when asked to pull it to the back for service I honestly think I got a minor boner when i first sat in the car and felt the seats and how everything felt so well planned out in the car for the driver. I knew right than and there I HAD to have one of these. But being a porter and making $8.50 an hr wasnt going to be able to get me one. So I put my dreams on hold and just kept it in the back of my head. I joined the Navy and went off to bootcamp and than attended my A school and while out in Mississippi I spotted another one and it reminded me of that moment again at the dealership. I ended up getting back and landing a decent job for at the time 20yr old and started saving, I have a problem saving and bought a Crossfire. Mistake? I wouldnt say so. I had fun with that car and infact made it the loudest crossfire in the world (stereo wise, 144.1 @ 36hz on 497 rms clamped power on 2 8's) and after i found out I was the loudest i felt accomplished and felt I needed to move onto a new vehicile. While in chicago i spotted a black R and melted. This was the last time i was going to think of one and not get it. So onto craiglist the crossfire went & I SOLD IT! I found a nice 2006 S60R Its black, has the tan interior (not my first choice) and had 59800 miles on it when I went to look at it. I drove out to Naperville and drove it and fell in love. I was doing whatever I needed to to buy that car. Than I got word that I was being shipped off to spain for a couple weeks and was heart broken, I thought I wasnt going to be able to get the car. But than realized that the money Id get from that I would have more than enough for a good down payment and be able to pay my crossfire off. So i hoped and hoped the car would be there when i got back and if it was I was buying it. Sure enough it was. Had me worried at first, than I just said **** it. I went and bought it. Its mine. My dream car. Is all mine, I know its not a HUGE accomplishment but I didnt know what my credit score was before looking at this car and the dealer ended up telling me and for 21 I was beyond happy. I bought the car on my own no cosigner nothing. I ended up getting it for 15.9 out the door. I am pleased with my buy. but ya enough of the **** I know you guys want pictures.

volvo2 by borobinson1, on Flickr

volvo1 by borobinson1, on Flickr

volvo by borobinson1, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
1. Paragraphs man, paragraphs. They were invented for a reason.

2. You'd better put your flame-retardant suit on when everyone else gets in here and sees you've got a Gobi interior, lol.

3. Congrats! :D

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!

Swedespeed is a great resource with a great community, if you need help on information regarding your new R. Feel free to post or PM me.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Congratulations on many levels. A guy your age doesn't usually have the discipline/maturity to pull something like this off. And I like the car. I have the exact same color combination. The only problem I've had so far is the front floor mats get dirty too easy. So just change the front mats to dark gray and you'll be very happy with the interior.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Looks good!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Congrats! Very nice - body kit with winglets too....nice score.

·
Registered
514 Posts
You had me at Boner! :eek:
Congrats on the Ride and it's nice to see another 06 SR in Black Sapphire out there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
congrats! thats a good color combi IMO and I do love the body kit and tints! nice purchase!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice ride!

For some reason, I'm not going to flame you for the Gobi interior
(It IS the most "boring" color, but it also stays cool in the Summer and is relatively low-maintenance.)

OTOH - I might have to rib you just a bit for the slush-box though....

·
Registered
3,515 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts