SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to the dealer today, they were waiting to delivery one of the last cars of the year. They took their time, ran through everything with me. Will need to bring it back again after the new year to get some accessories like the styling kit. But for now, we are going to have some fun :partywave:

btw... anything I should keep an eye out for? Anything I should check to make sure it's okay?

Need to remove the dealer sticker in the window, and find myself a FL Gator plate that will fit the Thai license size lol

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Congrats on the new V60!

What are the specs on this one? Very interesting to see the configurations that are available in different markets.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Congratulations. I always check all of the fluids on a new car. I know they claim to PDI them, but I like to be sure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the new V60!

What are the specs on this one? Very interesting to see the configurations that are available in different markets.
Hi! Thank you.. brought him tonight, can't wait to enjoy it tomorrow.

To best answer your question, I took some pics of the brochure. You can see the 2 possible V60 options in Thailand, the T4F and T5 "Special Edition"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/72d6idikxz9jvny/FullSizeRender 3.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nt90kx4nyryg7b5/FullSizeRender 4.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yowc7zpv6qp5kzk/FullSizeRender 2.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0ieaj5bkarpnrc/FullSizeRender.jpg?dl=0

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Check for shipping spacers too - not sure if they are used on this car but it's easy to check.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tire pressure and shipping spacers. How can I check for shipping spacers?

Wife claims that she is feeling whipped around in the backseat with the baby when i'm making turns. I'm wondering if this is my driving in a new car or something to do with the car (tire pressure, some settings in the suspension). We are coming from an AWD CR-V, and this is a FWD european car. The ride should be more controlled I think in the Volvo.

Going for some test driving around today..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took the wife back around the city today, to visit her family and show off our kid. Went over with her, does it feel like this or snappy that. In other words, does it feel like an old caddy turning the corner or a tight european car. She said tight.. her first time really in a car like this. Now I "get it", and so does she. Got worried there for a minute that the back end was swaying around like an old american car. Going to need to take a ride in the back myself next.

Finally had a nice drive today, some highway, some city. As expected, there is little storage space, no place for coins. I need to figure out a simple solution, like a coin poach. Kinda hard to find a place for iPhone 6+, but no biggie to put it into the cup holder. I expected these things based on reviews. No arm rest on the left or right, so will need to adjust the seat and steering wheel till I find a comfortable position that doesn't hurt my neck (I have some bad disks in my neck).

The T5 engine is wonderful..so fast..got 16.8KL/L today, around 38MPG.. if the stats from the car and I was reading them correctly. Car handles great..even I have the Conti tires a lot of people complain about.. The ride is really nice, tight, but not too rough like my old M3, which really wore me down. All the safety features are awesome, lane assist, adaptive speed control, BLIS, etc.

step by step... not going to rush into love yet ;)

The car was supposed to come with Harmon Kardon sound system, but how can I tell? Should there be a logo someplace? reason I ask is the sales and website told me it did, but the Volvo staff mentioned it was not during delivery and then back peddled a bit and said maybe because this is the new model and he wasn't sure.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found an older thread here in the forum, and after reading it I'm feeling like I was given the premium sound system, not the HK that the sales person told me I was getting. I don't think the sales person did it on purpose, but they told me it was included and so does the website. I said something when I picked up the car.. so will bring this back up with them after the new year

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Found an older thread here in the forum, and after reading it I'm feeling like I was given the premium sound system, not the HK that the sales person told me I was getting. I don't think the sales person did it on purpose, but they told me it was included and so does the website. I said something when I picked up the car.. so will bring this back up with them after the new year
2015.5MY-up Volvo switched to Harmon Kardon sound system and everything prior came with what they called Premium Sound System from a company in California (not a bad system really). If you have at center speaker grille on dash than you have the premium audio and there should be a little logo on that grille saying which sound system you have.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2015.5MY-up Volvo switched to Harmon Kardon sound system and everything prior came with what they called Premium Sound System from a company in California (not a bad system really). If you have at center speaker grille on dash than you have the premium audio and there should be a little logo on that grille saying which sound system you have.
I have the center channel speaker, but no logo. Car arrived at the dealer in October from the factory. Timing should be HK, Website says HK, Sales person said HK, but no logo on the speaker... not saying the system is bad, but we all want what we paid for right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts