SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is hard to explain... 05 S60R, 11800 miles.
in the last couple of days, when i accelerate in 1,2 and 3 gear, up to about 3500 rpms, i hear a "squeak". it sounds like it is coming from where the clutch is, down by my left foot, or maybe directly under the speedometer, by my knees. but it does it when my foot is already off the clutch.
it literally sounds like something is scurrying, or like something is rubbing and making a faint high pitched noise. when it first started, i thought it was the steering wheel rubbing against something on my leg, because i only noticed it when accelerating and turning.
it stops once i am cruising or accelerating in 4, 5 or 6 gear. it only seems to happen after initial acceleration in 1st, or after i have just shifted into 2 or 3 gear.
any thoughts?
i am going to take it in anyway to have my rear foglight replaced (burt out already).
sorry, but it is very hard to explain.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Re: weird squeak (jermel)

There have been reports of the steering mechanism squeaking in the area of the firewall. I'm sorry that I don't remember the nature of the issue, but I read it either here or on Volvospeed. Dealer can apply the necessary lube (though I think the blurb I read indicated it could be done by a home mechanic). However, it doesn't necessarily seem like your issue (which it sounds as if it happens even when moving in a straight line?)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: weird squeak (jermel)

yes, it happens even when in a straight line. i first noticed it when turning, and thought it had to do with steering. but also does it when going straight. thanks for the response...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts