SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first start driving my car in the morning, I always hear a "snapping" (like a spring flexing and snapping) sound towards the front rignt section of my car. This seem to happen when the car is cold (I have outdoor covered parking). But the car only snaps once, so after the snapping sound I don't hear it again. Has anyone experienced this and know what is causing it?
I have a 2002 Volvo s60 2.4t.

Thanks!
-Brian

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: Weird "snapping" sound? (S60 t5er)

I have the same thing on my car every once and a while. I asked the dealer about it and the tech said that its the axle shafts or something like that. Dont remember exactly, but I do remember him saying that there is NOTHING wrong, its just a weird volvo thing. He also said that the Volvo "fix" for it is to epoxy them in the shaft. The only problem with this is if something breaks, it would be a pain to get them apart, so I didn't do it and just live with it. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow morning anyway, I will ask again what it is when I'm there.

·
Super Moderator
14,839 Posts
you might also be hearing the ABS check itself which occurs once you hit ~10mph after the car has just been started.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts