SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while while Im driving my car, the seatbelt warning will come on the dash and beep for a few seconds before going away. I took the car to the dealership and let the warranty try to work its magic. They replaced the seat belt buckle. And for a week or two it worked! But its doing it again now. This is with the passenger seat empty and myself buckled in the driver's seat. Any idea what is causing this issue? I really don't want to go back to the dealer so I can spend more money; especially since they seem to have failed me the first time around.

Posted here since I'm assuming this could also be an issue on the S40/V50s.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Doesn't sounds like a seat belt issue at all, it's the passenger weight sensor thinking someone is in the seat and it should be buckled.

Disconnect your battery, then check under the passenger seat and make sure all of the plugs are clipped into the wiring harness securely.
Especially if the dealer was just under there replacing the seat belt buckle, there's a chance they may have nudged something that fixed the issued until you hit a big bump and it wiggled loose again.

I cannot stress enough to disconnect the battery first!!!! Otherwise you will trigger an SRS warning from disconnecting either the seat belt or the air bag and only the dealer or a software tune can clear that message.

I have everything to put together a video on seat removal. I'll try to get that uploaded over this weekend to help you out.

Just to make sure, you don't have anything in the passenger seat when this happens? I've found my backpack can even set off the weight sensor.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Damn. I always put my backpack in the passenger seat when I come home from school.
If that's what is causing the problem I'm going to be quite upset. But it makes sense. I guess I need to try putting my bag in the trunk and see what happens.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Yes, your backpack can cause it. And if your load varies, that would explain why it doesn't trigger all the time.

Please let us know if that's the issue!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts