SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, I have a bit of a strange problem, my car is making full boost but is slow/sluggish at times. here are the specs

2004 s60r GT
67k miles
Hilton stage 2 tune with cat and torque limiter delete

Stock 0-60 for this car was clocked at 7.5 seconds @ 10 psi
Tuned 0-60 after flash was clocked at 5.2 seconds @18-21psi

Now I'm doing 0-60 in 7 seconds again however i am making full boost. A few days ago i noticed my dipstick was off and there was oil all over the place, however i am not certain that this was a result of a clogged PCV or rather i just forgot to put the dipstick in correctly. I have not had any problems with the dipstick since reinserting it. I also suspect that a clogged pcv would not cause this type of power loss, i base this speculation on absolutely nothing lol. additionally i was experiencing erratic acceleration, where id floor it and maybe after a second or two the power kicks in suddenly, If you guys were in my position what would be the next steps to diagnose. I do in fact own a dice Vida, i am currently waiting on my laptop to charge.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
VIDA is step 1. TCV/tune/transmission adaptation issue?

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Perhaps its just different conditions like temp, barometric pressure and fuel. If you are making full boost that would be a good indicator that mechanically all is well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the glove test and there was vacuum suction, so it looks like PCV is good, power loss has become very noticeable in the last week, fuel is always shell V-power, its 91 degrees currently, however I have driven in temps higher than this and had much more power. Hopefully VIDA sheds some light on the problem.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I have no idea where you are located, but until I got an IPD intercooler I had the same symptoms in the heat. I do not care what tunes are on the car, heat soak will rule. my $.02.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Whens the last time you changed your plugs & coils? Fouled plugs could lessen the power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
spark issues (coil packs) would be my first inclination if the problem is intermittent and getting progressively worse but you can typically tell when its just missing. Vida should give us some clues if it is a miss. Another potential problem area would be fuel. Failing pump or FPR would be the most likely intermittent problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your responses, Laptop is now charged so when its a bit cooler out tonight im going to go out and run a Vida scan. Spark plugs are new, air filter is new, glove test passed, it nearly tried to suck the glove in, Il keep you guys posted, i must get to the bottom of this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts