SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At times when idling my engine feels like its knocking or misfiring consecutively twice in a time frame of 1 second. so its very short and only does it every now and then.
has anyone ever ran across this, or know what the cause is?
just don't want to have it turn into something big later down the road...

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 with factory m56h; 18t, Green injectors, 50% e85
2,457 Posts
It would help if you took a video and posted it here.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Is it a knock or like a shutter where the RPMs drop quickly and then it idles fine like nothing happened?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'ts like a shutter i guess, not enough to be able to see in a video. you can feel the vibration, like its missing for just a second. after, its right back to normal....
I've never had a car do that, so I'm just trying to make sure its nothing serious

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
How's your base systems? Mileage? Sounds like you might just be due for a standard full tune up, plugs, and depending on year, wires/distributor/coil or coils

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
175k ATM. New wires, new plugs, msd coil at around 170k. so maybe time for a new distributor? i cleaned the idle air valve a while ago as well...

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm I'll try that after pay day. Update after, hopefully that will help...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Changed the distributor cap and rotor. Wow, car runs so much smoother. The power up the rpm band is significantly better, before it felt like i wasn't making power after 3500.
but i noticed the distributors on these cars doesn't seem to have any way to advance/retard the timing, other than changing the intake cam timing it looks...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts