SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Heico Exhaust Thread version #2.

The original thread : http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?177004-Anyone-has-sound-file-of-HEICO-Exhaust

Because I omitted the video clip,
I post it here again.

at 10 sec, you can here high note of squeal.
This is very short filming
But, if I run on the road, that squeal sound continues as the RPM going over 4,000 without exception.:confused:

According to my friend who gave this catback to me,
It has sounded ever since he imported the Heico exhaust in 2006.
So he has been thinking that the sound was designed to be it. :rolleyes:

If it's wrong, I have to fix it. :facepalm:

Any suggestions and opinions will be appreciated.
Plz help.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
To me the sound happens as it leaves the exhaust so that would be the tip. No pun intended.....is there something in the tip to make it sound like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sounds normal to me. Did you check all the bolts to see if they are tight?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is there something in the tip to make it sound like that?
Of course not.
It began from the first time it had been imported.

And your point is right.
It happens as it leaves at very high exhaust flow velocity as over RPM 4,000.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Did you make sure none of the pipes are bent just a little bit causing a air flow restriction?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Here is mine, I will upload a video of short run to the gas station when the video finishes converting.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It backfired twice, unburned fuel or something.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
2k miles on OEM plugs.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Here is the video of my run to the gas station. Lol I know I have missed 2nd gear when I took off from the lights. I thought I heard some weird noise earlier today, that why I looked under the hood. Too lazy to edit the video.

Video quality is not the best but my original HD Quality was almost 600mb when I got it off the camera.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Here is the video of my run to the gas station. Lol I know I have missed 2nd gear when I took off from the lights. I thought I heard some weird noise earlier today, that why I looked under the hood. Too lazy to edit the video.

Video quality is not the best but my original HD Quality was almost 600mb when I got it off the camera.
lol is that a head cam? I kinda wanna stream that video to my projector and make a fake steering wheel out of cardboard and feel all virtual reality :D

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
GoPro Hero2 with HeadStrap. I love this camera Lol. I took this video with the water proof housing, sound quality would have been much nicer if I did not leave the skeleton housing in my truck. I also have the window mount in my truck.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts