SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Weight - s40 awd

691 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  5Pillars 
#1 ·
Did any of you actually weigh the car ?
I'm asking cause i'm curious how much the optionals add to the total mass of the car ; for example my car is supposed to weigh 1530 kg ...which is about 3375 pounds , but the car feels somehow heavier than that .I have a friend with an evo9 that measured the weight of the car and got results as much as 100 kg less than registered in the registration of the car.
Any thoughts ?

#2 ·
Re: Weight - s40 awd (passat)

BTW, I left a post for you in the "Modded" thread......your car is awesome!

The weights of the car in the owners manuals can vary by the type of equipment that was in the car and the amount of consumable fluids on board (oil, gas).........they may have the car listed with either full or empty fuel loads. They also sometimes will put the weight of the car (per trim level) with the most possible factory options that could be installed for delivery.

To find the true weight of your car for normal condition put 1/2 tank of fuel on board and then weigh the car and see what you have.....that will be the true established weight for your car.

I have weighed numerous aircraft in my day and even those were no where close to the manufactured specs....LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.