SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I was wondering if you knew whether IPD's S60 Instrument trim rings (pictured below) will fit in the R?
My plan is to do what another member has done here, which is painting the bezel titanium grey and fitting the rings in.
Any feedback?

Thanks

Rings - can I buy them from other places than IPD?

My Stock Cluster

This is hopefully my end product

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
They look like all the dials are the same size, so it looks like it should work, but I'm not positive.

·
Registered
336 Posts
That dresses things up nicely. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
okay...i just ordered a set of rings from ebay...if they fit they fit, if not then I'll make them fit!
Krylon Satin Black matches everything else in the interior quite nicely. Little sheen, not too glossy.

If it works let us know where you bought the trim rings from!

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I think painting the background plastic matte black instead of the current charcoal would make the gage faces visually pop out from the back ground, and that is a good thing. It also keeps the gage cluster very clean looking, which is one of the appealing attributes I love about the R.

Adding the rings adds a little visual noise, i.e., another set of concentric circles, that may detract from the clean lines. However, the lower photo of the potential end product was taken with a flash and, therefore, adds unflattering reflections to the image. The rings add a finished edge to the bezels in the way a chrome ring does on a chronograph wrist watch.

Of course, post photos of the finished product!

Cheers,
Melvin

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Looks like a nice project tomedkaz, personally I don't think it adds too much to an already great looking dash cluster, but the added finish/polish to it would definitely make it pop more.
Most people will likely not notice the difference (even Luciano's previous car above) is very subtle to a non-R owner. It's the blue face that catches most attention, as most passengers notice that first...

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like a nice project tomedkaz, personally I don't think it adds too much to an already great looking dash cluster, but the added finish/polish to it would definitely make it pop more.
Most people will likely not notice the difference (even Luciano's previous car above) is very subtle to a non-R owner. It's the blue face that catches most attention, as most passengers notice that first...
Thanks. And I agree - it wont change much of the look, but it'll make me feel good about having something unique :)

Oh, I got the rings from The-Tuning-Shop-Team (look them up on eBay) which I believe is based in Poland.
I've purchased eyebrows from them before and even though the shipping took 2-3 weeks they came and they were as described.

Greg is a great guy to deal with. I paid $50 shipped, which is over $30 cheaper than what IPD charges for them

Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VOLV...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a2b514fe

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i personally prefer that greyish color of the one you pictured. I always thought it made the gauge cluster "pop" nicely. Flat blackish will look not too much diff from what it looks like now IMO... Prove me wrong though:p GL w the project homie

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i personally prefer that greyish color of the one you pictured. I always thought it made the gauge cluster "pop" nicely. Flat blackish will look not too much diff from what it looks like now IMO... Prove me wrong though:p GL w the project homie
Brando - welcome back. How about photos of your new ride?!?!

·
Registered
64 Posts
How do you guys plan on mouting the rings on to the dash cluster. It Doesnt look like the product from IPD comes with anything other than the rings.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.