SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Pictures\Volvo Pics

Anybody else seen wear on their driver's side lower weather strip? This is the rubber strip on the body that seals the bottom of the driver's door.

I tried posting a picture, but I am not sure how to post pictures

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nn
C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Pictures\Volvo Pics

Anybody else seen wear on their driver's side lower weather strip? This is the rubber strip on the body that seals the bottom of the driver's door.

I tried posting a picture, but I am not sure how to post pictures

Ok, I posted a link to the picture in my thread below.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops! I meant above. Now my face is really red.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Johnny,
In order to post pics use the img tags and paste a link from a website where they are hosted. Photobucket works for this purpose

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
That is definitely strange, mine looks perfect after 16,000 miles/10 months.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Very, very, VEEERRRRRYYYYYY strange. I have a 13 year old car and they're still almost new looking.

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
Mine looks new after 14 months and 14k miles. Is your's getting kicked when getting into or out of the car?

·
Registered
459 Posts
BMW used to have this problem with their 5 series, but I've never seen it on a Volvo. After one year, mine still look new. This would certainly have to be considered a warranty fix.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am heading to the dealer next week for my 30K mile service. I am sure they will replace it under warranty. Meanwhile I will pay extra attention to avoid rubbing that area when entering the car. Regardless of cause, I feel the quality is not up to what I would consider Volvo premium quality. Possible we got an inferior part at installation.

BTW, this is the ONLY issue we have had with our S60. We still love this car!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Very odd wear. I have had mine 16 months now and 46k + miles and no wear at all.

Watch your seat bolster for wear too. Mine was replaced at 42k or so because of wear.

I also got a free set of pads and rotors on all for corners at 42k. I got in on the 5/60k S&S so I am hoping anything else that pops up does it in the next 15k!

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
I have kicked mine a few times. That piece of weatherstripping is at the outmost point in the door opening - probably not the best place for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts