SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having issues with the Weather app? Mine is showing snow flurries & freezing temperatures in NYC while it is fairly warm and clear today. There is also a discrepancy between the temperature reading on the driver's dashboard and the app. This discrepancy is consistent: the weather app always gives wrong forecast. Not a big deal - just weird.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Anyone else having issues with the Weather app? Mine is showing snow flurries & freezing temperatures in NYC while it is fairly warm and clear today. There is also a discrepancy between the temperature reading on the driver's dashboard and the app. This discrepancy is consistent: the weather app always gives wrong forecast. Not a big deal - just weird.
Yes- same issue- I've taken pictures of the actual temp on the car vs the app. say it is 59 and sunny, I have seen the app say 35 and raining. Its usually off by 20 or more degrees. I have used it to get a laugh. They need to fix it. My friend also has this issue

·
Registered
702 Posts
The Weather app is hot garbage. I deleted it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I had hopes for the weather app - but it is the kind of thing that needs to be right and more often than not it seems to be wrong.

Would seem to me to be pretty easy to take the car's latest GPS positioning and use that to source weather data and forecasts - but I've had the app show me conditions that are clearly nowhere near where I am (or what I am experiencing). At other times it seems to display inaccurate info - only later to get it right. I wonder if it is a delay or other issue with the app being able to phone home across the car's Internet connection. (Sometimes when I have the TuneIn application setup it take a minute or two after starting the car before the streaming audio starts - again I think an issue with Internet connectivity.)

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Weather app is hot garbage. I deleted it.
YES, YES IT IS. I have no idea who their Weather Provider is, but it seems to work better as a random number generator than an actual Weather App. It doesn't have a clue what's happening in Seattle or anywhere else I've been. Half the time, it craps-out with Internet Connection Errors (even though other apps are working fine) and doesn't provide any data (or random numbers) at all. It's junk!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts