SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds silly, but since I am not the original owner, is there a way to check somehow if perhaps I already have it? I bought it used from a Volvo dealer a few hours away, but the look of confusion on their faces when I inquired about Polestar was similar to the one my dogs make when I fart.

To me, the car already seems really powerful and I'm not unhappy with its performance at all, but if it can be better, I want it. And the reviews on here are quite favorable as well.

I'm thinking, what if I already have it and the local dealer charges me all that money anyway. Hopefully the improved performance will be all the proof I need, but still....

I contacted Polestar directly but they either don't want to answer or maybe it's a language barrier thing because the replies keep ignoring my question.

Thanks for any input....

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's a good question. I have a guess as to how to tell. Since Polestar can only be installed by a Volvo Dealer, and since dealers are required to keep records on all the cars they service, ask your dealer if he has a Carfax report. It will list everything that was ever done to the car (by a dealer), by any dealer.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Not a silly question at all; I would like some way of knowing that I have Polestar via the car's computer or other display. Other than an installed badge (easily faked) and my certificate, there is no way of knowing. But, I suspect if you provide a friendly dealer with your VIN, they will have some way of checking it.

Separately, you should know that Polestar was not available until late November 2011, so if you bought your car before then it is highly doubtful that it has it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'll try another dealer first as well.

Polestar really annoyed me. They asked for my VIN and then provided me with information that had nothing to do with needing my VIN. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts