SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2000 C70 convertible that I've owned for a year. What is considered the best method/product to bring the luster back to this beauty? It's Moonlight Silver.<p>Thanks.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: Waxing (sodowarts)

Check out Autopia.com -- they will have plenty of solutions, depending on the amount of effort you want to put into it, and how close to show-room you want it to turn out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also check <A HREF="http://www.autogeek.net" TARGET="_blank">http://www.autogeek.net</A>. They have great prices and everything ships very quickly. You also get a nice little calender!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: Waxing (sodowarts)

I got a black 02 S60, and I was wondering the same a few weeks ago. Last weekend I went out and bough the meguiar's smooth surface clay kit and meguiar's gold class paste wax. I washed my car first, then went over the entire body with the clay bar. After I was done with the clay, I ran my hand over the paint and it felt smooth as a babies behind, im not even kidding, i was amazed at how smooth it had gotten. Then I whipped out the wax, went over the whole car by hand, took me about 30 minutes. Let it sit and dry for about 20 minutes, and then wiped it off with a microfiber towel. I did all of this in my garage to keep the car out of the sun, so when i was done i rolled it out into the driveway. When the sun hit it, I was amazed. It was reflecting everything around it and the paint was just shining, it literally looked wet. My 7 year old volvo's paint looked newer and cleaner than the brand new volvos ive seen at the dealer while getting my car serviced. I would recommend doing exactly what I did, you will get tremendous results. The wax also protects against rain, i drove through rain last night and when I got home there was not a drop of water on the body, it was beading like crazy!!! I got all of this for around $50 and about 2 hours of work, but it was well worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts