SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, quick question about the waterproof key fob (you know, the tiny one that is underneath the box with the two regular keys). It looks like there are notches on the side of this where maybe it snaps into something inside the vehicle for storage when not in use but I can't find where. Right now it's just sliding around the glove box. Any owners figure this out? Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello all, quick question about the waterproof key fob (you know, the tiny one that is underneath the box with the two regular keys). It looks like there are notches on the side of this where maybe it snaps into something inside the vehicle for storage when not in use but I can't find where. Right now it's just sliding around the glove box. Any owners figure this out? Thanks!
You mean like where you can insert the key fob similar to the older models (the XC60 we got for a loaner has it)? I don't think so... or maybe I haven't found it. Just a piece of advice, don't leave the waterproof key fob inside you car, if you lock the car it can be opened with just a simple pull on the door handle even if the person doesn't have a key because the car will detect the key the you put on the storage.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You mean like where you can insert the key fob similar to the older models (the XC60 we got for a loaner has it)? I don't think so... or maybe I haven't found it. Just a piece of advice, don't leave the waterproof key fob inside you car, if you lock the car it can be opened with just a simple pull on the door handle even if the person doesn't have a key because the car will detect the key the you put on the storage.
Im not sure but I dont think it will lock with that key inside the car!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Im not sure but I dont think it will lock with that key inside the car!
Apparently we are both wrong. hahaha! If you left the waterproof key fob or even the original key inside the car can not be unlocked from the outside if you don't have any other key with you, however if you leave a key inside whether it's the extra/waterproof key or the original key fob you can still lock and unlock the car using the other spare key.

I have a video of it:

Sorry for the video quality, it was just a quick experiment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't have my key with me but I assumed the two notches were for a chain or string you could thread between them to wear the fob around your neck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't have my key with me but I assumed the two notches were for a chain or string you could thread between them to wear the fob around your neck.
That's what I assumed as well. For when you are doing something where you don't have pockets.

·
Registered
147 Posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've put a little key ring in there so it attaches to the stretchy stringy thing in my wetsuit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts