SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the issue happens generally after it rains or I wash my car. When I roll down my window (say, for a drive-thru or the ATM), the window is only wet on the outside. When I go to roll it back up, there are water streaks on the inside of the glass. Anyone else ever have this issue? What part should I replace to stop this from happening? My S60 is still under the CPO warranty, but the dealership says this issue counts as a "trim piece" and isn't covered. If I can replace it myself, I'd rather go that route.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I've had that problem since I got my S60, as have others: #10 When the front windows go down fully when they're wet, there's contact between two internal rubber pieces that results in water getting on the inner piece and the water is then transferred to the inside of the glass when you raise the window. I've had the dealer open the door, etc., and they claim nothing can be done.

The only way I've ever been able to prevent this from happening is to use a blower on the outer lower window seal when I wash and dry the car.

Incredibly annoying and Volvo should have had a proper fix for this ages ago.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
So, the issue happens generally after it rains or I wash my car. When I roll down my window (say, for a drive-thru or the ATM), the window is only wet on the outside. When I go to roll it back up, there are water streaks on the inside of the glass. Anyone else ever have this issue? What part should I replace to stop this from happening? My S60 is still under the CPO warranty, but the dealership says this issue counts as a "trim piece" and isn't covered. If I can replace it myself, I'd rather go that route.
Call another dealer and ask them...This isn't a cosmetic issue, so them calling the item a trim piece, seems suspect.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Does it happen if you lower the window only partially, stopping before it goes down all the way? If not, perhaps that might be a "solution".

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had that problem since I got my S60, as have others: #10 When the front windows go down fully when they're wet, there's contact between two internal rubber pieces that results in water getting on the inner piece and the water is then transferred to the inside of the glass when you raise the window. I've had the dealer open the door, etc., and they claim nothing can be done.

The only way I've ever been able to prevent this from happening is to use a blower on the outer lower window seal when I wash and dry the car.

Incredibly annoying and Volvo should have had a proper fix for this ages ago.
Agreed. Granted, if this is the worst thing I have to deal with, I think I'm doing okay. It's more annoying than debilitating to the operation of my vehicle. Still, the fact that they fixed it once already under warranty and that "fix" needs fixed, I think they should just eat it and try again.

Call another dealer and ask them...This isn't a cosmetic issue, so them calling the item a trim piece, seems suspect.
I have half a mind to do something like that while my CPO is still good. I didn't think it was a cosmetic thing either. It seemed to me like a weather strip might have been bad.

Does it happen if you lower the window only partially, stopping before it goes down all the way? If not, perhaps that might be a "solution".
I haven't noticed it happening with a partial roll-down. THat's been my partial "solution" as you've pointed out. That said, it is still quite annoying to have to make such a consolation in a luxury vehicle. It's not an enormous deal, but it does get on my nerves that this is the second time this issue has popped up.

Honestly, I may wind up just living with it at this point. It certainly isn't the end of the world.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
I have half a mind to do something like that while my CPO is still good. I didn't think it was a cosmetic thing either. It seemed to me like a weather strip might have been bad.
Cosmetic is also up for interpretation. The Enamel on my gearshift cracked. Known Volvo Issue. Didn't effect any operation of my car but looked quick tacky. Issue was taken care of under CPO. Your issue is not a "Trim". It's a problem with the seal / rubber grommet. Car is new, this shouldn't be an issue, and thus fixed under the CPO.

Talk to another dealer...Might get rid of the one you use in favor of another that understands customer service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts