SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys

Recently purchased an AEM progressive kit.

Just wanted to know where you guys are locating the tank(if you are using one). More interested in engine bay pictures of tanks, pumps and such.

and Also where you are keeping the controller.

Just need some ideas for best placement, because I know the pump and the tank have to be at certain levels.

THANKS!

Connor

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I tapped into the washer tank, water / meth makes a decent windshield cleaning fluid and you have an automatic reminder when the tank is gettng low. The controller went under the removable fuse box cover on the drivers side

·
Registered
727 Posts
I tapped into the washer tank, water / meth makes a decent windshield cleaning fluid and you have an automatic reminder when the tank is gettng low. The controller went under the removable fuse box cover on the drivers side

No problems with the pump by locating the pump above the WW tank? Reason i ask is because I would like to do this due to my recent incident i had

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
No problems with the pump by locating the pump above the WW tank? Reason i ask is because I would like to do this due to my recent incident i had
I put it here, (under the cover of nothing) it is pretty much even with the bottom of the tank, I have had it mounted here since Jul 2010 with no issues. I had to fab the stainless mounting bracket but it was not hard to do

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
+1

I am using the washer fluid tank as well, the 50/50 is a little harsh as regular wiper fluid but not bad, just remember to wash the car frequently but the low fluid reminder is awesome and one less tank to have to mount somewhere. I have a manual adjustable controller via boost, I will be using the bpray vent to house it, here is the controller:
eBay LINK

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
My tank is in my trunk and the controller is mounted on top of the steering colum cover. I can see low fluid, when it starts injecting and when its requesting full injection. R is at home or I would take a pic. Not sure what the aem controller looks like.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I have my AEM system mounted under the cover of nothing with the controller in the left dash fuse area. In regards to the level of the pump vs. ww tank, it works in this area, but is not ideal. I put a flow meter in to keep an eye on how the system is performing and I can tell you it isn't perfect; It's like it occasionally looses prime. jstro is using the HFS-3 which keeps the system primed for proper flow as soon as it calls for injection, the AEM system is more basic and doesn't have this feature. If you're just looking for some intake cooling and are not planning on doing some special tuning to change timing advance, for example, then the under cover mount location should be fine. If full and proper operation of the pump is critical, then I would either mount the tank/pump in the trunk or put a small tank in the engine compartment. There is at least one user here who had the tank adjacent to the engine fuse box with the pump just forward of that, I'll poke around to see if I can find the photo, but that arrangement would work well.

Here's one: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?154791-Spring-Maker-over&

Here's a tank location used by user chaentjens:

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What the hell are you guys using for a bung for the nozzles !?! All the bungs I'm grabbing at too long!!!!

What special things did you trunk mount folks have to do?

How did you route the tubing ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I completely removed the cover & mount to install the resevior, pump, filter, and solenoid. The plumbing isn't done since I have to sell the PhMIC kit I bought. I was planning on doing a complete write up once the PhMIC was in and water/meth fully functional...I may still do the write up as it might help anyone else who wants to put one in. Here are couple of pics of the "finished" product.

The red LED is my low level indicator, which I've already had to replace as it went out after 5 or 6 cycles.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I completely removed the cover & mount to install the resevior, pump, filter, and solenoid. The plumbing isn't done since I have to sell the PhMIC kit I bought. I was planning on doing a complete write up once the PhMIC was in and water/meth fully functional...I may still do the write up as it might help anyone else who wants to put one in. Here are couple of pics of the "finished" product.

The red LED is my low level indicator, which I've already had to replace as it went out after 5 or 6 cycles.
yes please do a writeup to help me and others.

·
Registered
719 Posts
What the hell are you guys using for a bung for the nozzles !?! All the bungs I'm grabbing at too long!!!!

What special things did you trunk mount folks have to do?

How did you route the tubing ?
I went with a trunk mounted system. I mounted a 2.5gal tank in the back corner of the trunk. The tubing goes underneath the trunk carpeting and into the spare tire well. The pump is attached with bolts to a plate, and the plate is attached with rare earth magnets to the spare tire well. The tubing goes back around the spare tire well, out the middle of the back of the trunk, and underneath the carpet to the center console. It comes out the front of the console, underneath the steering column, and into the engine bay. I know it sounds complicated, but it made for a clean install. The guys who saw it at Carlisle can attest, unless you're looking for it, you can't see it. the controller sits on top of the cover underneath the steering column (Snow Stage 2). It's all very neat, accessible, and I have the extended range of the 2.5gal tank.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
is a meth gauge mandatory and what is the cheapest one out there?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Do I have to get a tune for this or I would be ok without tune?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts