SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's dripping from between the plastic panels that are on the rear ceiling area.

I took a look at the weather stripping, and there's a section where the adhesive is no longer holding it down.

Has anyone had the weather stripping around the hatch let water leak through before? Or should I keep looking for a leak source?

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, it's been downpouring a bunch here in Massachusetts. It's the GPS antenna that's leaking....great.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The moonroof drains? I'll give it a shot. The water was coming in through the area around the rear light, while the car was pointed down an incline, so the nose was lower than the tailgate.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
The moonroof drains? I'll give it a shot. The water was coming in through the area around the rear light, while the car was pointed down an incline, so the nose was lower than the tailgate.
Yes. Seems to be a common issue on the forum when people complain about water making it's way into the interior.

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems it was the antenna.

I was able to wiggle the antenna around quite a bit, and it didnt' take much to pull it off the roof. I spent ~4 hours cleaning and prepping the roof and antenna, and then stuck it back on with 3M mounting tape. Now when I try to move the antenna, the roof flexes with it.

So we'll see what tomorrow's rain does.

·
Registered
92 Posts
my car is also a little damp inside sometimes
why do these cars leak so much, I dont know

you are lucky you can see where the water is dripping
you can just get a hose and sit inside the car while someone washes it and see if it's leaking

other places the car leaks I heard the front and rear sunroof drain vents that go through the A-pillar, the rear hatch bump stops and rear hatch lower molding, the A/C drain pipe in the passenger front left just below the radio

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I've seen the pillars leaking before in my R. Same concept.

In my case, it looks as though the PO tried to seal the antenna cover with some gray RTV at some point. There was a glob of it at the front of the cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts