SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago after sitting in the rain, there was a few drops of water on the space ball, I used silicone to patch the exterior windshield molding above the mirror. Today, it rained hard again, I just went to check and it got soo much worse. The whole center console is covered and now I clearly see where it's dripping from. I don't get it, I "supposedly" patched the small leaks and somehow it's starting to look like a waterfall. Where could the water be coming from?

Help!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Are you sure it's the windshield? That area looks like it might also be sunroof related. Don't know exactly how it's all laid out in the Volvo, but in two prior cars with clogged sunroof drain tubes, I had water leaking in the same place after heavy rain.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure, i'll have to check once it's morning and the sun is out but I doubt it since people with clogged sunroof drains mentions footwell being soaked. I've also seen in this thread that the sunroof drains runs on the a pilar, not in the middle. . .

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yeah, but if the drains are clogged, the water could spill over. The youtube videos I've seen of unclogging the drains look hilariously easy to do (pop the pillar trim off, clear the grommet at the end), so it's worth a look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts