SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime it rains, I get water in my drivers footwell only. I sprayed water down the windshield, door seals, moonroof and couldnt find a leak. Anyone else develop a leak?

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Could it be a clogged sunroof drain?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought, but I ran A LOT of water all over the sunroof, windshield, door seals, etc, and NOTHING...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: (Dawn Patrol)

this issue is not uncommon. it has happened to me several times. apparently it is a problem with the drain from the sunroof. either the pipe gets clogged, or it gets disconnected. both times i had to have a dealer fix it. you could try feeding something thin, flexible but firm into the hole. you can also do a search on this forum and find other peoples' ideas. good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: (dushan)

I had the same problem. I think its your roof drains. Open your sunroof and try pouring water into the drain itself. Do that for both of the front drains, they are located in the corners of the sunroof. If the problem is with your sunroof drains, then you can do it your self. Its pretty easy. I can wall you through it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. So I have verified that it is the moonroof drain. I shot some air down there and the drain seemed to have cleared, but I noticed no water was coming out the bottom. After removing the A-pillar trim, I noticed the air had actually blown the tube off the rubber elbow part. <p>Can anyone tell me how to remove this elbow for cleaning? Is there a way to clean it in place?<p>Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: (Volvo S 40)

volvo s 40, i would also appreciate a walk-through on clearing out the drains and/or putting the drain tubing back together. although mine seem fine at the moment, i'm pretty sure the problem will come up again, since it's already happened twice.<p><br>thanks for any tips.

·
Registered
64 Posts

The way that I did it was. I removed the sun visor and the handle (oh poop grip), and the sunroof rubber molding that holds the roof lining in place. The hardest to remove was the sun visor there is a plastic cover that snaps in place, just use a small screw drive to pry it of. After you remove part of you roof lining you will be able to see the connection of the rubber hose and the sunroof drain. Let me know if you need anything else.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: (dushan)

Theres a TNN that i had posted in a thread awhile back with this same exact issue. If you have cleaned out the hose and still is clogged odds are the rubber elbows are full of crap. You just need to pull them out and de-clog them. Theres a new style that doesnt have the sound trap at the end like the old ones which is why they clog. We just modify the stock ones on the XC90's by cutting them back a bit for a free'er flow.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts

Yeah they are just rubber they pull out, re-installing them can be a biotch since you are very limited on space with the S40 dash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts