I have had a 2004.5 S40 since new. After owning it about a year I noticed that the rear passenger floor was wet and took it in under warranty. As I recall, they said something about sealing a leak. <p>All work was done at Sandberg NW Volvo.<p>About a year later it happened again, and the car smelled bad! I took it in, and they said they fixed another leak. I asked about the smell and they had my carpets "detailed" and sent me on my way. <p>About another year later, as the warranty was running out, it happened again and the smell was worse than ever! I took it in, they said they fixed it. I asked that they replace the carpets and bleach the floor pan because of the obvious mold/mildew problem. They refused, but offered to detail the carpets. I said they would have to escalate this Volvo N. America and they said they would investigate that. I was lame, and let the whole thing slide for a while.<p>Now, the car stinks way worse than ever and I'm well out of warranty (61k). After a couple weeks of hot and humid weather, the rear carpet was really soaked! I'd had it. I suspected the AC drain and decided to pull the carpets and have a look. Here are the pics:<p><A HREF="http://picasaweb.google.com/erik.utter/S40MoldMildew?authkey=Gv1sRgCLms8oH-5tKUeQ" TARGET="_blank">http://picasaweb.google.com/er...tKUeQ</A>#<p>Can someone confirm this is indeed the AC drain? As soon as I turned the key is started dripping water. I checked the sunroof drains and found the drivers side clogged, but the passenger side was clear. Also, it hasn't rained in quite a while, so I'm pretty sure it's the A/C drain.<p>So... what is my suggested course of action? I obviously need to fix the AC drain for good, get new carpets and bleach the floor pan. Since I have invested my own labor to get this far, here is what I am thinking:<p>Call my dealer service manager, explain the situation and send pics. Explain that I believe Volvo negligence is to blame since I'd had it in so many times for this. Then ask that they buy me new carpets. I'll do my own labor. I think this is fair. If they say no, I suppose I should escalate to Volvo of N America, BBB and state attorney general. If Volvo says no should I post to consumerist etc? What is my best course of action? Do I have legal cause?<p>Thanks for your input!