SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front passenger floorboard and behind drivers side seat is pretty wet. Have been getting rain this weekend but I'm leaning toward the a/c drain. Any heads up on where to start? <p>TIA<br>

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Water in the passenger cabin (corbinh)

Rain? Whassat?!<p>Clogged cowl drains.<p>Water intrusion at front door hinges.<p>Clogged door drains.<p>Clogged ac condensate drains.<p>Bad door/window seals.<p>Sunroof?<p>Is this the first wet floor episode?<p>George Dill<p>Temple, Texas, USA - need rain.<p>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Water in the passenger cabin (gdill2)

No sunroof, I suspect it is the a/c drainage. I picked up the car in April had the a/c repaired in May. Last few weeks i've noticed a little dampness in the footwells.<p>Yesterday after 2 days of rain and using the a/c the dampness is back, but I discovered that the back seat drivers side is soaking wet..passenger side is fine.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Water in the passenger cabin (corbinh)

Check under the car for breaks in the undercoat.<p>George Dill<p>

·
Registered
207 Posts
sounds like a leak<br>haviong owned a very leaky car before - just because the carpets are not wet, doesn't mean you don't have rust<br>pull it up and look.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to close this out, it ended up being the a/c drain afterall. Pulled up the carpets and everything appears to be fine. <p>Thanks guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts