SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I wash my car, after a rain storm, or even the day after...when I roll down my window and roll it back up quite a bit of water is left streaked on the window. The dealership says this is normal. However, I have never had a car do this before. Maybe a little bit, but this is quite a bit. Anybody have similar issues?

Thanks,

Darren

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have noticed somewhat similar results after wet weather as well, seems to take a long time for the weather strips to dry out!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
+1 more to that, it hasn't rained here in several days and rolling down the window not only dampens the outside of the glass, but the inside too. Have to keep a rag in the car to dry the window.

·
Registered
338 Posts
+1 more to that, but thankfully only on the outside of the window. The dealer also told me that was normal. But it seems more pronounced on this car than on prior cars.

·
Registered
403 Posts
AND... when the temp drops below freezing overnight and all the water turns to ice, the door becomes a big ice rattle when driving in the morning before the car / temps warm up!

·
Registered
147 Posts
We don't get enough rain in my part of Texas to have an opinion on this issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. At least it is helpful to know what others are experiencing. I may keep a cloth under the seat.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I've had the same problem with every Volvo I've owned, I believe.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I know this is a very old thread, but I just had a similar problem. I've always noticed that after I wash my car, or it rains, and drop the driver's side window down and then raise it, the front third of the can have water streaking vertically on the OUTSIDE of the front third of the window even the next day after everything has dried. But this time I had water on the INSIDE of the window, in the same place (as well as outside). When the window is opened all the way down, and then raised, there are vertical streaks of water on the front third, from the door handle location to the very front, by the mirror. It's like something in the door is holding water that gets onto the glass when the window is retracted.

My service writer was mystified. Any ideas on what could cause this, and how to cure it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maybe something tangential:

During a heavy, heavy train, I'm seeing a leak where the the drivers side door meets the front of the windshield. It goes right down the frame. I've got photos and video that I'll dig out.

All the seals look good. The windows and sunroof have been shut before the big rain.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Maybe something tangential:

During a heavy, heavy train, I'm seeing a leak where the the drivers side door meets the front of the windshield. It goes right down the frame. I've got photos and video that I'll dig out.

All the seals look good. The windows and sunroof have been shut before the big rain.
Assuming you see this water outside the passenger cabin... I think that's the water draining from the sunroof area as the tubes that carry away that water travel down the A pillar.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts