SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm running a k24 with the 11 blade hybrid wheel, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what I should be setting my waste gate to. I know there's an upgraded one from Forge available that I'll probably look into soon, but In the mean time I had to take the waste gate off when I sent the turbo to be machined, so I want to check that it's set right.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I have a forge wastegate that I will let go for cheap if you need one.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks lol. No one knows though??

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I could guess and tell you about 7 psi. But it really needs to be set to whatever your tuner recommends. I know Hilton recommends 7 on mine.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
5 psi.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Ignore all above and set it according to Volvo instructions from VIDA. Thats the setting ECM is calibrated to

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Hope he has access to all the tools that process requires.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I agree. I ran the hybrid on highly modded R for a while and I can tell you from my setting in my car 5 psi is the way to go. Let's not over complicate this. Get a basic hand pump w gauge unhook wg line hook it to this and set crack pressure to 5 psi and your good to go with best setting for hybrid.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have access to all the dealership tools, and VIDA. I was just wondering if there was an easier way. Damn it Volvo.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Does Hilton recommend that setting on a Forge WG with the 'longer' rod? Since there was a batch of Forge WG with shorter than stock rod.
I could guess and tell you about 7 psi. But it really needs to be set to whatever your tuner recommends. I know Hilton recommends 7 on mine.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Hiltons recommendation is according to oem wastegate. I had the updated forge wastegate on my car but after some boost issues pulled it off just to see if it was the issue. It turned out that the wastegate was not the issue. And I just left the oem wastegate on. But I would not see the recomended setting changing from the oem wastegate to the updated forge wastegate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts