SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I finally posted the pictures from the get together. Sorry about the primitive web page, when I have some more time I'll update the page. Enjoy!!!

Also, Prospero, the LED's came out green in one pic, and the other pics I took with the flash on washed out the color of the LED's all together. If you have any other pics you could send me them and I'll replace what's up now. I have one pic up currently that shows the blue color. Also Prospero, that vacuum hose definitely made a difference in the performance, the most noticeable difference is that the car doesn't idle low right after stopping like it use to. Thanks again!!!! Talk to you soon.

---Get Together Pictures--- http://www.glue.umd.edu/~stkelly/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow!!!
Finally I've seen the pics with the blue interior dash lights on. Whose car is that, is that Propero's car?
And how did you do it?/ I already have like 4 bulbs burnt out and I would like to replace them in the near future...with different color bulbs of course

thanks!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Scott, the pictures look great! Still wondering how the LEDs turned green in the picture though. Funny how things like that happen. Guess if we tell the camera that the LEDs are yellow, it will make them look blue in the picture.
Seriously, thanks for snapping off the pics, they are great! Also, glad to hear the hose worked out the idle problem. I just hope it also takes care of the moisture thing as well.

For those of you that may want to install blue LEDs in their car, I'm working on a kit as well as will offer install services soon.

Prospero

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Okay, next time we get together in a big open parkinglot where there aren't three garages in a 1/4 mile. Half of us met at one garage, half met at another. Luckily for us, St Kelly went to both. Here are some more pics of the ones at the Target/Galyan's garage.

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited 03-20-2001).]

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Those are some great looking pictures! Thanks!

Prospero,

Those blue LED's look really good! Have you converted all of the bulbs to blue LED's? Do you have some sort of mirror tint on your car, or is that a haze tint?

-Drew

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My pictures don't do the LED setup any justice. They really look much better in person. Especially since one of the pictures made the lights come off as green!! Next time we should use a regular camera and scan it in. Talk to you later.

Scott

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
George & Scott,

A little off-topic, but what kinds of digital camera's are you guys using? I am thinking about getting a Kodak DC 280, 2.0 megapixel, since it has gotten rave reviews. I have also been thinking about getting the Kokak DC 240, but it is 1.3 megapixels. I wonder if that is enough 'quality'. Thanks!

-Drew

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used my work's Panasonic PV-DC2090. It's a decent digital camera, but I've seen and used better. I personally think it takes dark pictures. I had to alter a couple of the pictures in Photoshop to make them look a little brighter. Also it's very slow and it goes though a set of 4 AA batteries in about 40 pictures. So you always have to have a set of back-up batteries if you plan on taking a lot of pictures. By the way, InDy the 2090 is a 1.3 mega pixel camera. If you want to see some originals send me your address and I'll send you some original unaltered photos the camera took. All the photos posted were reduced to 600x450 from 1280x960 to make them load faster for people with slow connections.

Scott

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Scott,

The pictures that are on your website do seem a little darker than the pictures that George posted. I thought that was due to the darker clouds that were in your pictures. Although, they do seem to be very clear for 1.3 megapixels. There are so many choices in digital camera's out there, it is very hard to decided which one to get.
I have been doing a lot of research, and I think right now I am leaning towards the 2.3 megapixel Kodak DC3400. BTW, you can send me test pictures at [email protected], thanks for the input!

-Drew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts