SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car runs fine, and I always thought it was fine. I installed a boost gauge recently and noticed that it was only boosting about 7psi (holding).

I swapped out my tcv with a known good working one from another S60R and pulled fuse 6 and 23 and put them back in.

Took car for a spin and it would boost to 15psi and then start climbing to 20+ very quickly. I let off instantly each time I noticed this. I drove it for about 5 minutes doing a few pulls in 2nd 3rd and 4th seeing if the ECM would adapt to the TCV.

Well, I put the stock one back in and it does the same thing (over boosting). Any ideas? I"m assuming my TCV is fine because it now does the same that the good working one does.

I have vida/dice, does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Let's start with the stupid questions. Does the car feel noticeably faster? Can you verify boost with VIDA? (note that it will measure boost in hectopascals, subtract ~1000 for atmosphere.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's start with the stupid questions. Does the car feel noticeably faster? Can you verify boost with VIDA? (note that it will measure boost in hectopascals, subtract ~1000 for atmosphere.
Yes, it feels faster. I don't think the boost gauge is wrong, I also could hear the CBV make noise that was fairly audiable when I never have heard it before. So it's boosting for sure more than before.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have any advice on what could be wrong? Or could someone explain the 3 ports going to the TCV and what could be wrong to make it overboost? It seems like the TCV isn't sending the boost pressure to the WGA to open it up, causing the turbo to continue to build boost without releasing the extra pressure.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
This happened to me once, somehow the tune stored in the ECU got corrupted and it started overboosting like crazy and putting me in limp mode. I re-flashed my RICA tune and all was better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts