SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking as I was looking at some cars online to see the changes to the 2013 and up interior, during the search I saw this:

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/657704693/overview/#10

Those seats don't look like the standard fare, the interior trim is aluminum and those wheels I have only seen online as an option. Looks like this was a special order. Anyone ever come across one of these?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
That's the optional Dynamic Package that started in 2010 ... 18" Fortuna wheels, sports chassis, dual xenons w/ABL. In 2012 and 2013 the package also came with dynamic sport seats and silver inlays. In 2013 the package wheel changed to 18" Ymir's as shown in your link. The S80 T6 2011 and up with this package is high on the list for my possible next car :)

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
That's the optional Dynamic Package that started in 2010 ... 18" Fortuna wheels, sports chassis, dual xenons w/ABL. In 2012 and 2013 the package also came with dynamic sport seats and silver inlays. In 2013 the package wheel changed to 18" Ymir's as shown in your link. The S80 T6 2011 and up with this package is high on the list for my possible next car :)
Why your next car? All that stuff is going to add about the same amount of driving dynamics as the BMW knock off $39 spoiler I bought off ebay. It did come painted though! on the other hand, I could use a little more bottom cushion. Maybe the seats have that.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Better driving dynamics? Perhaps not night and day ... but I'm willing to bet that the dynamic sports chassis with lower springs (and I believe different struts/shocks) will handle better than the standard S80 offering (sans 4C). There's a thread around here somewhere started by t6tim where he got it on his 09 or 10 V8 and loved it. Anyway, driving dynamics isn't the only reason ... I just think the package makes the S80 look bada$$ :)

Edit: Just remembered that the sport chassis option on the P3 S80 also had larger front and rear sway bars. That's typical for a sports chassis option in Volvo's world ... both my S40 and S60 have the same setup and handle much better than my stock P2 S80 suspension.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Better driving dynamics? Perhaps not night and day ... but I'm willing to bet that the dynamic sports chassis with lower springs (and I believe different struts/shocks) will handle better than the standard S80 offering (sans 4C). There's a thread around here somewhere started by t6tim where he got it on his 09 or 10 V8 and loved it. Anyway, driving dynamics isn't the only reason ... I just think the package makes the S80 look bada$$ :)
Even with the 4C I'm not thrilled with the driving dynamics of the S80. The press was correct when it came out, the car doesn't know if its a luxury barge or a sport sedan. I think it leans more towards luxury barge. even lowered you are tossing two tons around a turn, and the laws of physics are laws we cant break.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The brushed aluminum interior trim may be present because the original owner ordered his/her S80 for pickup at the factory and Volvo shipped it back to the USA through the OSD program.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's interesting that they never really market/build this car with some real sporting intent in the US. The size is more like a 5 series from back in the day, a great size for a sport sedan but they didn't quite get it right. The later year models with the T6 seems to be better, haven't driven a 2014-2016 with a sport package yet but plan on it to compare. On Tascaparts.com I see they list a number of springs for the car in 2007 for the 4WD version, a slight drop and better handling would be nice but Volvo does not seem to have sport springs available for the earlier vehicles with the 4C setup.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Agree with you and Tommm, but I don't mind too much if it's a luxury barge, shoot my P2 S80 is a land yacht :D Luxury or near-luxury are what I want out my car, coupled with power (only the T6 on my wish list, sorry V8 guys), then ... add the lowered stance, awesome looking wheels, and a hopefully not-so-floaty "sport" suspension and it pretty much checks all my boxes. Color is important to me too and I will say the S80 really lacks there unfortunately.

Here's the thread from a while back with part numbers, etc. Don't know if the springs are compatible with the 4C though.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?190342-Sport-lowered-chassis-option

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doesn't seem like anyone was brave enough to try the springs on one of our older cars, yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts