SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious because I'm looking at buying a car that's got a dented fender. It might be cheaper to get a new fender to put on, but I want to make sure there's not like 4 different versions of red.
I know there's a Passion Red, but I think that's for P2s and there's a Bright Red (601) that was 850R only.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
609 is the most common red, but there are a couple other shades that are considered red.

Venetian Red

Coral red

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
He said BRIGHT red not burgundy or "almost pink"!!!
601 and 609 are it

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Jim, I had a junkyard try to sell me a door they described as "silver" that was actually tan/beige (see below) People don't always do such a good job of describing colors, so it was way easier to show him there are a couple variants to watch out for.

Also, 601 is 850R only, so as far as his search goes, that is as irrelevant as either of the examples I posted.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He said BRIGHT red not burgundy or "almost pink"!!!
601 and 609 are it
Also, 601 is 850R only, so as far as his search goes, that is as irrelevant as either of the examples I posted.
Ok, thanks. I just wanted to make sure 601 was 850R only.

I think I would end up going to a yard and checking for it myself but wanted to make sure that 609 was the only one that I'm looking for

Thank you all.

On another topic... did they offer that Venetian Red in 1998? Looks fantastic. Is it a V70R only color though?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
On another topic... did they offer that Venetian Red in 1998? Looks fantastic. Is it a V70R only color though?
For this generation car, Venetian is 00 R only. There is a guy in RI who has one he might be selling, he's over on V70R.com.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Again not exactly
I've had an XC in Venetian red but it's VERY rare

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Wow all shined up like that Venetian Red is a superb looking color.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Lots of picture adjustment there, too much contrast
V Red is not that dark

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Bumping this thread, had a Venetian Red 1998 V70 GLT traded in last night and figuring out if I want another money pit. :)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
No Venetian Red in 98, That would be Ruby Red, much darker, no metallic

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
No Venetian Red in 98, That would be Ruby Red, much darker, no metallic
Thanks Jim. 104k and black interior makes it tempting.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I can't remember the color codes or the official names but I remember when the 850s were new they had a classic red color and then in '96 they had a special brighter red for the 850R only. I remember thinking that was the best red I've ever seen on any car. I want to say it was called "fire orange" or something like that?

Oh wow! I just looked at the post above and there it is in Denton's sig! Flame Red! I think the memory of orange came from me thinking that the color had the slightest bit of orange to it. At any rate it is a beautiful color!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
There is no "Flame Red"
609 and 601 (R red) are the only two

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
There is no "Flame Red"
609 and 601 (R red) are the only two
I thought I saw Flame Red in the original literature, I'll defer to you on this.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
According to the uk volvoclub site, flame red is color 241 and was only offered on S40/V40s. What's your actual color code?

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Well whatever that red is called that came on the 850Rs, it's the best Volvo red although the new R design red is really nice too IMO.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
New (04 up) is Passion Red, very bright, nice color
601 I think is called Bright Red
609 is called Classic Red

1 - 20 of 27 Posts