SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: better pics thread... http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...Kor.-Dont-look-inside-there-is-nothing-to-see.

removed the roof rails

removed the spoiler

Laid on some 3m flat black

Smoothing it out

Passenger side Pillars vs driver side pilliars, you see what i did there?

Prepping the mirrors, since the clear coat was wearing off

Flat black mirror caps

Finished project

Only did this because i did this earlier in the morning

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
What do you think of doing the tail pipes flat black to complete the look?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Nice job!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Is that vinyl on the mirror caps? Tried to do that myself and failed. And what wheels are those?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Looks good! :thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks good, I always liked that the windows on my SR had body color between them, but on the VR it looks good blacked out.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was just thinking about this the other day for my silver T5, the roof looks good but I'm not really a fan of the flat black pillars. I think the pillars would blend better with the glass if you used a gloss black instead of the flat but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was just thinking about this the other day for my silver T5, the roof looks good but I'm not really a fan of the flat black pillars. I think the pillars would blend better with the glass if you used a gloss black instead of the flat but that's just my opinion.
the idea came from when i had my 04 nissan armada, it was all black with OEM flat black pillars. i did gloss first to see how it looked. it did not flow since the eye gets attracted to the shiny stuff, flat black just made it flow into the background.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Yeah that plate is pretty insane.

Did you buy replacement drip moldings that didn't include the roof rack? Or were you able to reuse the old drip moldings? Also did you have to replace the yellow and blue clips? I read that they are single-use only.

Otherwise, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah that plate is pretty insane.

Did you buy replacement drip moldings that didn't include the roof rack? Or were you able to reuse the old drip moldings? Also did you have to replace the yellow and blue clips? I read that they are single-use only.

Otherwise, keep up the good work.
nope, the mouldings come right off if you know how to remove them. its all in the wrist action LOL. i took them off and the clips and cleaned the crap out of the channels. so much crap in there! My R doesnt have roof rails, at one point i wanted it...now, never :p

The best part of that VR is the license plate though. That is epic
i have 3 different versions of that plate on all my Volvos :p

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Looks great, but I agree with a post above; the sides should be high gloss to match the window tint/gloss to give a stream line black body line.

Looking good!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is your R lowered?

What's the offset of your wheels?

It looks great.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts