SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2014 S-60 with a Certified Pre-Owned Warranty (CPO). My wife only drives 5-6K per year and the car had the 40K service one year ago. She only has 46K on the car at this point, but the dealer is telling us we need the 50K service now because it has been one year since the 40K service. We don't want to do anything to jeopardize the CPO warranty, but the dealer charges an arm and a leg for the interval services and we don't really want to have a 50K service with only 46K on the clock. I have seen no mention of time intervals in any of the Volvo Warranty documents and was wondering if moving the 50K forward is really necessary. I wouldn't have a problem doing a simple oil change now, but don't want to pay for the full 50K interval until it is due. BTW: The 40K service was over $850. Any thoughts on whether this is required to keep the warranty intact?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
You can ask dealer to do the necessary maintenance like oil change, brake fluid flash. Other minor stuff like air filter, inspections can be delayed or DIY or done in other shops.

Oil change is needed after one year, even milage is low.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
A 50k is just an oil change. Just changing the oil is fine.

For future services, it will almost certainly be cheaper to just buy the physical items a la carte. So instead of their crazy price for a 60k, just an oil change and pollen filter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can ask dealer to do the necessary maintenance like oil change, brake fluid flash. Other minor stuff like air filter, inspections can be delayed or DIY or done in other shops.

Oil change is needed after one year, even milage is low.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
I agree that changing the oil after a year is a good idea regardless of the mileage, but the dealer seemed insistent that we need to do the full 50K service now (46K mileage) which seems like they are just trying to accelerate the maintenance intervals to get more revenue. Believe me, they somehow figure out how to make the few "checks" (fluid level, etc.) add up to hundreds of dollars. My main concern is that i don't want to give them an excuse to not honor the warranty if we haven't done it their way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts