SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my R in for the 30K mile service about 2 months ago, at which point I was getting a nasty shake through the steering column when the brakes were applied. This was diagnosed as warped rotors and replaced under warranty. Now I am starting to get a slight vibration under braking through the wheel again and I'm wondering if/how this could have happened again and so soon? <p>The car has not sat for long periods without being driven, nor have I treated the brakes too harshly. When I wash the car, it has always been first thing in the morning, so I know it's not like I went out driving like and then sprayed cold water on the rotors. <p>Any thoughts? Could it be something other than the rotors at this point?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Re: Warped Rotors...again? (Vipergtsz3)

One suggestion:<p>Loosen the wheel bolts and alternately tighten the bolts crosswise to 102 ft. lbs. (140 Nm). <p>If the wheel bolts are over-tighten or not torque properly, they could wrap the rotor.<p>

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Warped Rotors...again? (05s60r)

I'll make sure that the dealer torque's them properly when I guess I get my next set, but this is kind of strange no? Who would have thought the dealer to do something like that? Although I guess that's a dumb comment on my part given that the do very little else right.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

A bit weird but they should replace them again

·
Registered
11,936 Posts

If you're doing some hard braking (such as on a track), when you come to a stop, dont sit there with your foot on the brake - this WILL warp the rotors if they are very hot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts