SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Warped rear rotors

4K views 51 replies 21 participants last post by  JRL 
#1 ·
Took the R in for the 15000 mile svce and a few warranty items, among one of the complaints I have a shudder/vibration when braking from 70-80 I asked them to advise, they found my rear rotors are warped and causing the shudder/judder or whatever it was I was feeling. However service director said they have been over heated/abused to create the warping, and as it is out of the 12000 mile wareable item limit Volvo will deny it. This is I feel is a BS answer as to get the rears to warp the fronts would have to show signs of abuse too which the do not. The car has Never been tracked or to the drag strip. I asked for a "good will" warranty claim Volvo to cover a portion and me the rest but still denied. I am so tired of having to fight to have things taken care of.
Your thoughts?
Jonathan

See less See more
#52 ·
Re: (phuz)

It's quite odd, I've had MOST AWD rear rotors on my cars warp from 12K to 18K (all covered by warranty). http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
After that they're usually good for 50K or so, go figure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.