SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a box behind the trunk door, which I thought it belongs to the warning triangle.

Volvo recommends part # 30673258 for the new XC90
http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-my/XC90(16-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-472731/2016

Today I tried part # 30673259, which is too big for the box behind the trunk door.
http://steingoldvolvo.ecrater.com/p/3067066/volvo-hazard-warning-triangle-30673259

Does anybody know:
- Is this box really for the warning triangle?
- If so, is 30673258 really smaller than 30673259 that it will fit into this box?

I know, it sounds like I have a lot of free time :)
thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is great. I've wanted to fill this with the right gear.
Maybe someone who has taken euro delivery could answer if there are any other components in this spot?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
There was discussion on this some months ago. Apparently that part is supplied in Europe (and perhaps elsewhere) but not in North America.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is sad that such a cheap part (which is a 100% related to safety) is not supplied in North America

·
Registered
366 Posts
When my sales rep was going over my new vehicle, he showed us the box on the back door and said he wasn't sure what it exactly was for, but he understood it was for something coming in the near future--but there's the box for it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Looks like it might fit a light saber ... :saber:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I know, it sounds like I have a lot of free time :)
thanks
No, you just made a great observation. For the most safety conscious auto manufacturer to charge us thirty bucks for a hazard triangle that is mandatory in Europe is just plain super cheap. Kia, maybe. Volvo, no.

What happens for OSD vehicles? You MUST carry a triangle when driving in Sweden.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No, you just made a great observation. For the most safety conscious auto manufacturer to charge us thirty bucks for a hazard triangle that is mandatory in Europe is just plain super cheap. Kia, maybe. Volvo, no.

What happens for OSD vehicles? You MUST carry a triangle when driving in Sweden.
Yes, the triangle is present during OSD, cannot tell you if still present when arriving in the US... Still waiting for ours! :-(

·
Registered
206 Posts
I remember watching [the British version] of Top Gear and they were always poking fun at the French. Seems there it is the law that you must carry in your vehicle at all times a reflective safety triangle, flares, and a high visibility safety vest to wear in case your vehicle breaks down.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Many countries in EU require the triangle and a safety vest.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Looks like it might fit a light saber ... :saber:
Obi-Wan

Anakin/Luke

And of course, Darth Vader (I had to replace the plastic after this one ;) )

Just having some fun with your post and my kids sabers, lol.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you pick up your XC-90 via overseas delivery, Volvo supply you with a safety triangle. Mine was already installed when I picked the car up in Gothenburg. I was half expecting it to be removed before the car was shipped to California, but it was still there.

·
Registered
674 Posts
So does anyone have a link where we can order one? Seems like a smart thing to have in an emergency.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all.
We are all learning and also having fun.
Can somebody with the triangle please confirm the part number and maybe post a pic?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I want to keep this thread active. Can a European member post a pic of the warning triangle and the part number (if possible)?
thanks

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you very much.
It's really thinner than part # 30673259.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts