SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After activate Volvo On Call on my brand new XC90 at dealership yesterday and drove it home, I noticed this warning message displaying between "SOS" and "ON CALL" lights. See attached photo. Is this a software settings glitch or is the airbag really not activated?

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can start by checking so that it has not been deactivated. You have the passenger airbag on/off switch just where the passenger door meets the body of the car (shown in the manual). If this is not the case it is probably best to contact the dealer to get this sorted.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can start by checking so that it has not been deactivated. You have the passenger airbag on/off switch just where the passenger door meets the body of the car (shown in the manual). If this is not the case it is probably best to contact the dealer to get this sorted.
Thanks very much! I will check it out.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Similar to Volvo1924's moment, if there are weighted objects in the front passenger seat and the seat belt is not fastened, the Air Bag will be off. That is how it worked in my 4Runner and in a XC60 - so not sure if this applies to your situation. Just thinking of possibilities.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
volvo1924 and Gary-16-Xc90, thanks very much for the useful info. I thought airbag is an always on feature. Now that you explained it, it makes more sense to me. I will check with manual too to see if there is more info there. All new car, all new experience :)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
volvo1924 and Gary-16-Xc90, thanks very much for the useful info. I thought airbag is an always on feature. Now that you explained it, it makes more sense to me. I will check with manual too to see if there is more info there. All new car, all new experience :)
Both Volvo1924 and Gary are correct. Perhaps, you placed something light on the seat? Either way, the airbag will be deactivated unless a heavier object is placed/sitting on the seat otherwise the airbag will be deactivated to prevent more material damage in case of a collision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts