SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. Does the 2018 XC60 automatically warn you, or somehow let you know when it’s time to do maintenance on your brakes? (apart from the scheduled maintenance notification)
For example if the brake pads are worn out.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2022 XC60 B6 Inscription
194 Posts
My 1980 450SL has brake pad wear sensors. I would be amazed if an XC60 does not.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
...and why would I be speaking for the truck company here?
And that's Volvo isn't it ? Or maybe I'm wrong :unsure:
You wrote that Volvo was never used brake pad wear sensors 🙃

·
Registered
2022 XC60 B6 Inscription
194 Posts
Ok, I am amazed!! Oh, and since this is an XC60 forum, I never would have assumed the discussion to include commercial trucks. Did you check earth moving equipment? That's Volvo too.

·
Registered
‘14 XC70 3.2 AWD, ‘17 BMW M240i
785 Posts
IDK. My BMW is already warning me on each startup that a brake service (fluid, not pads) is due in October 2022. So very german. Be careful what you wish for!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
IDK. My BMW is already warning me on each startup that a brake service (fluid, not pads) is due in October 2022. So very german. Be careful what you wish for!
You have a simple solution, type in Google: BMW Brake Fluid Service Warning Light Reset

I think it’s better how BMW and competitors do it

Volvo should give owners something similar and of course instructions on how to use this tool :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Correction, Volvo uses them but on its truck program
Volvo cars is totally separate from Volvo Truck, bus, heavy equipment and boats. At one time, they were all affiliates or separate divisions under Volvo AB, but no more. Volvo car is now part of Geeley.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Prepare to be amazed. Volvo has never used them.
In all my years of owning different Volvos, I have never understood why there were no chirpers on Volvo brake pads. Would have saved me a couple of sets of rotors even though I was bringing in the cars every 3,750 miles or so for an oil change (I’m on a 5K schedule with my SPA cars).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts