SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Warming! Fender extensions loss due to heat! (Part II)

Dear Volvoforum.nl/Swedespeed colleagues

Here a call to all 22inch owners.
Due to the heat here in Europe we had temperatures rising to 38°C (100 °F)
A customer noted that a part was lose on my car.

I checked the car and the fender extensions on the back side on both front wheel's where hanging lose!

I'm glad i didn't lose them on the road.

So be warned! Have your XC60 been in the heat, check this part for its mounting.
It's a easy fix at the dealer, mine gave service right away for free.
But without the part this becomes a totally different story.

The problem is communicated to Volvo, it was the first of it's kind.
Hope this post will be at your service.:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Good to know, thanks!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I live in the south and it's 95 - 110F everyday in the summer. No issues with the fender extension adhesive. That stuff is super sticky.

Sounds like your installer didn't use the adhesion promoter that's called for in the instructions.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good info 👍🏼 I also have a 2018 XC60 with 22” fender extensions. Mine look perfect still, just checked. I live in New Hampshire USA so does get that hot .
Mine fender extensions were installed bye my New Hampshire Volvo dealer after I bought the car. I wonder if it different if the factory installed them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in the south and it's 95 - 110F everyday in the summer. No issues with the fender extension adhesive. That stuff is super sticky.

Sounds like your installer didn't use the adhesion promoter that's called for in the instructions.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
They where installed with M3 mounts in the volvo kit, i was overwatching the installation out off interest back in 2017

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
Say what!!? My family back in Mumbai, India has a Volvo, too. It's considered a decent cool day when temperatures are around 35 Deg. Cel. there and the summers are 40+ Deg. Cel. with more than 90% humidity all year. Add to that, bumper-to-bumper traffic which makes it even worse. And they have never run into this issue. It might be a one-off thing that happened with your Vehicle mostly due to incorrect installation but it is definitely not the norm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Part II: Rear part came lose on the highway

I dont know where and who to blame, but yesterday there was another part that came loos on the highway.

On my first car i lowered suspension and installed a bodykit, and there where some parts falling of, but this can't be with a Volvo of this class and price.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I dont know where and who to blame, but yesterday there was another part that came loos on the highway.

On my first car i lowered suspension and installed a bodykit, and there where some parts falling of, but this can't be with a Volvo of this class and price.
Images from other forums are not visible here.

This is your picture

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got my car last year and after a few weeks in the hot europe weather the yellow glue showed up on my fender extension. I still have to bring the car to the dealer for inspection and on service they tried to get the yellow glue of but without any luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got my car last year and after a few weeks in the hot europe weather the yellow glue showed up on my fender extension. I still have to bring the car to the dealer for inspection and on service they tried to get the yellow glue of but without any luck.
Can you post a picture? pls

·
Registered
158 Posts
For those of you that had the Fender Extensions installed, how much did your dealer charge for the install?
Do you know what adhesion primer they used to install the kit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts