SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! :)

So here in the cold north, the Volvo's ability to pump out wonderful, warm air when needed is truly a blessing... :p

But, as the title suggests, has anybody noticed the increase in the temperature, or rather volume of the warm air in (sharp) lefthand turns or roundabouts?
(It could be my imagination, but on the other hand a slight decrease going the other way?)

It has been that way since I bought the car 4 1/2 years ago, but now I'm simply too curious! :confused:

The tractor runs really good, doesn't use any coolant, levels are all fine and no leaks at all. Temperatures are fine, and the ventilation works as a charm...

So;

Does it come down to simple physics? Does the heat exchanger (?) get more waterpressure in left turns? (This is my main theory...)

Input or theories of any kind is much appreciated! :D

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Physics buddy - When you turn left, the air coming out of the vents continues in a relatively straight path regardless of a right/left turn. I notice when it's not directly on me, and I make a turn and I feel it, that my vents are not pointed directly at me. If they were, and I took a corner, they would go off of me a bit and then return to being on me back when going straight. While we are tied to the orientation and speed of the car, the air inside it is not.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aha! :thumbup: Thanks Avenger for the confirmation! :) I simply couldn't find another reason for this... :) Now I can lay my head to rest! :p

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Yeah, it's weird but the law of 'physics' do only apply to this car and nothing of the sort compared to my other vehicles. I do experienced some climatic fluctuations and a certain amount of air gush when making sharp left turns.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Yeah, it's weird but the law of 'physics' do only apply to this car and nothing of the sort compared to my other vehicles. I do experienced some climatic fluctuations and a certain amount of air gush when making sharp left turns.
My last car was a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QuadCab, did the same thing. My wife's subaru really doesn't do it all that much. We have a traffic circle leaving our neighbourhood is where I noticed it the most.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
My V50 the Memory Seat - seems - to Only work when I come out of the store with Oil for My Volvo - it Moves back as to say Haaa New Oil . .
It's Possible something to do with the Stores Alarm or Security systems , but it is totally Odd . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts