SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a scrap cylinder head for a B234F engine. This is the twin cam 4 valve per cylinder head from a 89-90 740GLE. I don't need the cam tower, cams, or cam drive gears. If you have a cracked or otherwise bad head I can use it.<P>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but from my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) the B234F equiped 940GLE for 91-92 was only available in Canada. Is that right or not?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I've never heard that before, but I suppose it's possible. Here's a '91 940 GLE that has a B234F which was listed on ebay for sale in Massachusetts.<P>Item # <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1832112325&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>1832112325</A><P>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
interesting, it says it was originally from Texas so perhaps my info is wrong. Thanks<P>BTW, I had someone today tell me "I'm wasting my time with these engines/heads because they are junk" I believe he was referring to not being able to keep the junction between the cam tower and the base cylinder head sealed from oil leaks. Is this actually a cronic problem with these engines?<P>

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a b234f head if you wantwith about 4 bent valve the head was done about 4 months ago a few weeks ago the key way broke on the exhaust cam and you know how it goes it jumped timing = bent valves

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (HryABC)

I have sent you E-mail asking how much you want for this head and how much you have (intake, fuel rail, and etc)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts