SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all...looking for a PDF or faxed copy of the OEM Volvo installation instructions for the Volvo Hands Free BT that was available in 2005 for the XC70. This was essentilly a Motorala IHF 1000 with a Volvo harness.

The Volvo Accessories Installation Instructions website does not include this version of the BT any more. They replaced the instructions with the instructions of a newer versio of a Volvo branded BT.

TIA
ozzie

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Saw that a while back and wasn't sure if it was the same as the old Volvo Motorola BT since the control module was different.

·
Registered
123 Posts
These instructions worked for my BT install using all Volvo parts, installed in a 2005 V70 with an HU650. I installed a Volvo amp at the same time and it was all plug and play. I had already installed a USA-spec unit for auxiliary audio input and everything played together nicely. My original plan was to use the Volvo harness with the Motorola IHF 1000, but I could not find a good enough price on the Motorola unit, so bought the complete Volvo setup. The Volvo control module was more squared off in shape than the Motorola version (maybe also the newer version you are referring to). The 2005 Volvo control module looks a little more retro, but I think it looks good mounted at the suggested location. Some people like to mount the Motorola control module down below the CCM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts