SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a DICE with VIDA 2011A software last december. Since that time I have tried to load the VIDA software on a Compac notebook computer I had. Gave up and turned it over to my son's friend who knows a lot more about computers. He gave up and I turned it over to someone who was Microsoft certified. She has also given up after trying a couple different computers in addition to mine. We have all tried the different sugestions posted here.

Bottom line I am calling uncle and am willing to pay for a computer with it loaded and working. If you are interested PM me and we can work out a deal.

·
Registered
796 Posts
It really isn't that hard to get it installed. You have to use XP Pro or Win7 Pro, cannot use any home, starter or ultimate edition. Has to be Pro. Other than that if the computer meets the minimum specs you should be fine. I bought a used lenovo thinkpad for $90 and it works wonderfully.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I bought a DICE with VIDA 2011A software last december. Since that time I have tried to load the VIDA software on a Compac notebook computer I had. Gave up and turned it over to my son's friend who knows a lot more about computers. He gave up and I turned it over to someone who was Microsoft certified. She has also given up after trying a couple different computers in addition to mine. We have all tried the different sugestions posted here.

Bottom line I am calling uncle and am willing to pay for a computer with it loaded and working. If you are interested PM me and we can work out a deal.
GE, the only requirement is internet explorer 8 or 9, 4G or memory and win 7 pro. I did have problems with 2 laptops, one with win vista home and 7 home, bought the upgrade from 7 home edition to pro, cost me about 97 and installed perfectly.

I think it will be cheaper for you to upgrade your win software and add some memory if is necessary.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I cheated. I used VirtualBox and set up a VM just for VIDA. I have done this on my Windows 7 workstation, my Netbook, and my Macbook. Make sure it has at least a GB of RAM allocated and about 50GB of Disk. I then installed Windows XP to that. From there I was able to install VIDA without any issues. My DICE unit was able to connect through the VM as well. I highly recommend running VIDA in a VM.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Are you installing on windows XP pro?

·
Registered
197 Posts
It really isn't that hard to get it installed. You have to use XP Pro or Win7 Pro, cannot use any home, starter or ultimate edition. Has to be Pro. Other than that if the computer meets the minimum specs you should be fine. I bought a used lenovo thinkpad for $90 and it works wonderfully.
Why can't it be 7 ultimate? I've gotten it installed on 7 ultimate but couldn't get the patch to work. So I downgraded my netbook to xp pro and got it working like that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Intall on proper version Windows (described above), INSTALL CRACK! , use user name 1 (crack uses this user name).
2011A did not work for me, I did 2010 D which can be torrented. PM if you cannot find it.
I have installed it on multiple machines and it works with my chinese DiCE every time.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Interesting.....mine installed first attempt on Win 7 ultimate 32bit.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
just go to tiger direct & buy a refurb XP laptop for < $300 and it will work fine. that is what I did, If you were near me I would stop by & show you

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
I installed mine on VMWare running XP Pro, worked fine first try. I did get mine from TPB though so I think it had some of those other pieces of software built in to their installer, it was a one click install basically.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just wondering, has anyone tried it on WINE on Linux? If it works there, it may be an easier and cheaper route than trying to source an XP machine.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just wondering, has anyone tried it on WINE on Linux? If it works there, it may be an easier and cheaper route than trying to source an XP machine.
as much as i wish that'd work, there's just no way. Vida installs a SQL database, and unless you want to port the db over to mysql or postgresql, it aint gonna happen.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Why not just run a Windows install inside a VirtualBox VM? That is going to likely end up being much cleaner than WINE in this case.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
I've installed VIDA on Win XP Pro, Vista Business Edition, Win 7 Pro, Win 7 Ultimate both 32bit or 64bit. Also installed it on a couple of Macs but of course had to use Boot Camp to Win 7.

Plus there are plenty of places on the interwebs that have every version of Win7 for download, so I would get any ol' laptop with adequate hardware and install Win 7 Pro 32bit or 64bit and away you go.

OP, send me your laptop and I will make that SOB work.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i was in the same situation. VIDA NOT OK. But I do have a new Windows 7 Home laptop. I decided to try using XP Mode in windows 7. For XP mode you need to have at least Windows 7 Proffessional. I purchased the anytime upgrade from Microsoft, downloaded XP Mode (Free) and Virtual PC (Free) and allocated 2 Meg of memory to the virtual PC. I launched the Virtual PC/XP Mode from the windows 7 start menu installed the VIDA 2011A into the disc drive and started the installation. The installataion was successful I then ran the crack patch and was able to log into VIDA. This was after a half a dozen attempts at loading VIDA into my older HP Laptop running XP Pro. I have no idea why VIDA would not load, I looked at the log file and everthing was ok except near the end there was some sort of data base error wher VIDA 0 less than 1 and VIDA NOT OK.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Why not just run a Windows install inside a VirtualBox VM? That is going to likely end up being much cleaner than WINE in this case.
Yes, it would be. However, you have to source a valid XP license (if you want to be legal, that is). That may be annoying for some. I am not sure how expensive they are.

Then again, I am sure most people who use VIDA on XP are either (a) using an old laptop that they bought or had that runs XP or (b) run a pirated version of XP.

Seeing as most people run the Chinese cracked VIDA anyways though....

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I dont mean to thread jack but I am in the market to purchase VIDA. What is the difference between 2011A and 2011D?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts