SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I just recently bought an s40 T5 AWD 6 speed and I'm really stoked to own it. It's my first manual volvo and cant wait to drive it. Only thing is I purchased it with "cylinder head problems" but it turned out to be a melted piston. So does anyone have a short or long block that I can buy. I live in Delaware, I'm willing to travel as long as the price and millage is right.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Moved to the Wanted Ads section. Please read the stickied classifieds rules before posting.

I have an engine with either a blown head gasket or cracked cylinder. It's consuming coolant.
It never overheated, but not impossible that it may have warped the head. If you're just looking for parts, I'll part it out or sell the whole thing cheap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moved to the Wanted Ads section. Please read the stickied classifieds rules before posting.

I have an engine with either a blown head gasket or cracked cylinder. It's consuming coolant.
It never overheated, but not impossible that it may have warped the head. If you're just looking for parts, I'll part it out or sell the whole thing cheap.
Thanks , I'm sorry for posting in the wrong section, if you could find out exactly what's wrong with it I'd buy it off of you really quickly. I plan on taking pictures today of my cylinders to see if the block is salvageable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello there. I have one from a 2005 s40 t5 awd 6MT, if you are interested. It is sitting on a stand and it passes a leak down test with a head lightly tightend on it and no timing belt.

It was in a car with 130K miles, and I pulled the pistons out, measured the cylinders, honed it and re ringed it and put it back together. everything looked good...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts