SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to fix my control arm bushings and are planning on changing to brand new control arms with bushings. I've seen a couple of mixed messages on the IPD Control Arms which I was thinking of buying.
Does anyone have first hand experience with these? If they are not good which ones do you suggest?

·
Registered
829 Posts
The original OEM LCA bushings lasted 10 years and 100k miles on my car, can't say I've read of any aftermarket ones lasting that long besides maybe polyurethane. I think the one thing most people here will agree with is that the Meyle LCAs are junk and last a year or two, so avoid those and you should be okay with either OEM, IPD, or poly.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I got about 80K out of my first set and am now getting ready to replace them again now that I'm up past 160K miles. With that kind of feel and longevity I don't mind going OEM or comparable again.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm going to go with the FCP urethane ones. They took out the old poly rear bushing and just slapped in a regular one. Supposed to improve steering feel.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have about 1500 miles on IPD ones....no issues thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wow. Found that the pro parts sweden arms with urethane are $70 on the ebay. Bought some. I ain't bothering with the press

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts