SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't for the life of me remember what the title of the thread was, but there was someone who moved the HVAC display up to the sunglasses case spot on the mirror and replaced the stock CD with an in dash. Can someone point me to the writeup or show me some pics of the install. I am particularly interested in how the fiber optic connection was handled. Is there a jumper or extension connection for the optical connector that I will need to do this?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
lol, I was thinking of that a short while ago as well.

There was a young doctor on a C30 forum website a few years ago that did a full and complete overhaul of his C30 stereo system. He moved the display to the overhead area and put in an aftermarket sound system. Tons of pics and a really good write-up. There are harnesses available to extend the existing cables.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, I was thinking of that a short while ago as well.

There was a young doctor on a C30 forum website a few years ago that did a full and complete overhaul of his C30 stereo system. He moved the display to the overhead area and put in an aftermarket sound system. Tons of pics and a really good write-up. There are harnesses available to extend the existing cables.
Yea, that's the one! I want to rip out the volvo nav system too but I don't want the climate control and dash functions to be interfered with. I think the fiber needs a jumper at the DVD player and the stock CD changer. Ill have to hunt down the wiring diagrams for the car but thats not an issue. I really wish there was a write up.

What forum was the C30 install on?

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
That's actually Sanatarium's car now, he's been a long time member of SwedeSpeed with many great write ups.
But that's still not the build you're looking for.
There was a guy on here and S40Forums who moved the screen to the overhead console but he did a crappy job of wedging in an aftermarket head unit into the waterfall.
There have also been a few people who have retrofitted tablets into their waterfall and either covered the stock screen or relocated it to the top of the dash.

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
Has any one in the US got their Blue Power head unit yet?
Have the actually started shipping them or are we still on pre-order?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts