SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
very surprising, when I test from the G37x coupe, I did not like the way it drove at all. I was very disappointed. I liked the way the exterior and interior looked, but was shocked at how poorly the car drove.

As for the CC, I talked to my dealer over here, and he said that VW is giving large incentives for the northern states, and not so much in atlanta. He said there was no way he could match that price, and that I should take a one way plane ticket to virgina to pick up the car.

Re: (gaddamit)

Quote, originally posted by gaddamit »
very surprising, when I test from the G37x coupe, I did not like the way it drove at all. I was very disappointed. I liked the way the exterior and interior looked, but was shocked at how poorly the car drove...

Hmmm, I wonder if the difference was the "S" sport version that I drove verse what you did not? I'm telling you it was impressive...I walked away pretty surprised. I have no idea what the "sport" adds, other than (probably) spring rate...

I can't say I mind the smell of the Audis I have been in.

Re: (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »
My biggest problem with Infinitis is that the exhaust sounds like Chewbacca after a bar fight and the interior/leather smells like fish. When I test drove one several years ago, I mentioned the latter bit to the salesperson. He said that I wasn't the first person to say so.

My parents had an FX35. When my then 2 yr old daughter first heard them drive away from our home she said, "What's wrong with Grammy's car?"

-Eric

I had a G35 coupe and I thought the exhaust note was awesome. So do a lot of other people. I also had a VR6 GTI and once again had a great exhaust note. FYI this car was bomb proof (140K miles and very little issues.) Haha the Chewbacca reference is funny though. I see what you are talking about.

Re: (Token)

Quote, originally posted by Token »
Have you ever smelt an Audi/VW interior? You might suddenly find Infinity's interior to be theraputic.

Yeah, I've owned an Audi and my family has owned several of both and I've been in countless others. I honestly have no clue what you're talking about.

-Eric

Yeah, I've owned an Audi and my family has owned several of both and I've been in countless others. I honestly have no clue what you're talking about.

-Eric

Token equates Audi to putting a pig in a dress so don't worry, you're not going to convince him.

Re: (Dubfound)

Quote, originally posted by Dubfound »
I had a G35 coupe and I thought the exhaust note was awesome. So do a lot of other people.

I'm with Eric on this one - I can not stand the sound of the G35/FX35 exhaust. It literally grates on my skull every time I hear one. I can't put my finger on it but it is a very visceral reaction.

Re: (gaddamit)

Quote, originally posted by gaddamit »
I did a little more research, it looks like DSG is going to be available on the CC very soon.

Still an automatic in my book...and I'm not saying that as a jab against you. I simply mean, if you're happy with the autobox and you're looking for a deal, the DSG is going to come at a higher premium. Will it be available with 4Motion?

-Eric

OK, I haven't read every post in this thread (I skipped over all the girlfriend stuff), so if this has been said already I apologize:

As a long-time and current VW owner I can tell you this:

If you like the CC (or even the regular Passat), skip the VR6 and AWD, just get the base car (for under $30,000). For $600, you can get an ECU Flash from APR that will put the 2.0T at 253 HP and 303 ft/lb of torque. I just did this in my GTI (same engine) and it is awesome. For a few grand more, you can easily get it to 300 HP. There are even a few dealers around that are APR dealers and will fully support your warranty.

Of course you won't have AWD (snow tires will do just fine for most people), and you'll have to live with a little torque-steer (though it's not that bad even in my smaller lighter GTI).

I hope this info helps.

Re: (Dashdog)

Quote, originally posted by Dashdog »
...you can get an ECU Flash from APR that will put the 2.0T at 253 HP and 303 ft/lb of torque...

Ditto the preference for the turbo.

APR does wonders for VAG turbos.

The downside is that it will kill your warranty.

The upside that it's typically very easy to mod VAG's 4cyl turbo cars beyond the hp/torque of the VR6...which is much heavier. So, you wind up with a lighter car that puts out more power.

It's a shame if VW doesn't offer this car with 4motion on the 4cyl. I hope that's wrong...or that they do in the future...that, and a stick.

-Eric

Re: (Capital R)

Quote, originally posted by Capital R »
I just went to the VW website to build the car and noticed they're touting a top track speed of....wait for it....120MPH! That is either a misprint or incredibly pathetic.

It's 130, and it's limited.

Re: (Capital R)

Quote, originally posted by Capital R »
I just went to the VW website to build the car and noticed they're touting a top track speed of....wait for it....120MPH! That is either a misprint or incredibly pathetic.

In the U.S., that number is entirely inconsequential. And, who is going to buy that car with the intentions of using it on a track? It may look sporty, but unless they're going to come out with a CC R42, it's just a big, heavy touring sedan with only 4 seats and an automatic...and even then it will still be big and heavy and probably have a DSG (no stick).

And, for what it's worth, take a look at the top speed ratings they show in the UK: 155 for the 3.6 model.

-Eric

The downside is that it will kill your warranty.
-Eric

Garnet VW near Philly is an APR dealer and offers warranty support for flashed cars. Of course they make you sign a waiver, and if you do something stupid, you're on your own. But I've heard they are pretty fair.

Re: (Dashdog)

Good to know...but there are still plenty of other dealers who aren't mod friendly.

If you never stray far from home you've got nothing to worry about. If you plan on taking your modded car on a trip...just be aware. In my opinion, unlike some other tuners, I've found APR's tunes tend to be pretty reliable and not overly aggressive without requiring additional hardware. And, APR also allows you to disengage the tune through the cruise control buttons, if I recall correctly. That's a nifty little feature if you find yourself needing a dealer and you'd rather not run the tune when you drop the car off at the shop. Is it discoverable? Sure...but someone still has to be looking for it.

-Eric

Re: (bb vign)

Quote, originally posted by bb vign »
I'm with Eric on this one - I can not stand the sound of the G35/FX35 exhaust. It literally grates on my skull every time I hear one. I can't put my finger on it but it is a very visceral reaction.

+1. The G35/FX35 exhaust sounds like some sort of sick cow, and isn't pleasant at all to my ears. The G37 I recently rented had more of a throaty sound, so hopefully the cows can be put out to pasture

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.