SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellow Swedespeeders!

I signed up here on SS way back in 2008 but have only lurked on here until now. I check in here every now and then, and especially enjoy reading through your progression threads.

My wife actually asked me why I've never posted my car, since she always sees me looking at pictures of your cars. Haha. So I guess I'll post some pics of mine, and then maybe do a little progression thread as well.

Here's my car as it sits today:

My design philosophy has always been inspired by the OEM plus look. Aggressive but clean lines. Chip Foose once said something like, "no matter if you've done a million things to your car, it should still look like it came from the factory." ..or something like that.

I guess I should make a short list of the current mods (top of my head), in case anyone is interested.

Exterior:
Heico front spoiler with CF splitter
CF rear lip spoiler
CF mirror covers
Custom rear valence
Matte grey front grill and slash
Heico Badges (front and back)
Lightly smoked tail lights

Interior:
CF waterfall and door handles
Alcantara wrapped steering wheel
Heico pedals
Aluminum rings for console knobs

Engine:
Custom exhaust
Resonator delete plus bigger pipe from catback
K&N filter

Suspension:
H&R sport springs
Koni adjustable shocks (yellows)
SPC camber kit
Ultra Racing front strut bar and rear anti-sway bar (powder coated swede blue)

Wheels & Brakes:
Vanilla Performance BRC 19x8.5 - ET38 (front) and ET30 (rear) - custom finished in textured black (I call it lead pencil black)
Nitto Invo 235/35 R19 tires
WP Pro 6pot Calipers on 336mm cross-drilled rotors

Ice:
Focal separates and 10inch subwoofer
Hertz amplifier
Audison BitOne processor
iPod cable
Sound deadening
Warm light L.E.D. lighting for trunk enclosure

I'd like to give a shout out to WTH Volvo who helped me mod this car and hooked me up with a lot of the stuff. Much thanks also to can210 (one of our fellow SS members, he own's the smurf blue S60 on Vanillas). I joined one of the largest car shows here in the Philippines last year along with his smurf s60 and a clean c30, and my car won 2nd place in best euro sedan.

Will put together a brief progression thread for you guys in a bit. Anyway, looking forward to being more active here and having positive discussions about our rides. Cheers!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sick S40. Im loving those rims. Pretty all the mods youve done, I want on mine :)

Good you signed up to swedespeed :D

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My car's progression...

Ok, so my first mod started in 2007 with a set of Heico Volution Vs with the titan finish.

2008: The Volution Vs inspired me to go all out Heico, which I lovingly dubbed "Heico-fied"
-Heico front spoiler
-Heico twin exhaust
-Heico badges
-Heico HS4 badge
-H&R Sport springs

2009: I'm part of a car club here and we get together every now and then to stretch our car's legs a bit through mountain twisties or trackdays. Because of this, I installed the WP Pro BBK. The only way for me to keep up with some of the sports cars was to use late braking, hence the BBKs. Hehe.

2010: I heard someone diss the Volvo brand which made me give the car a facelift. Let's just say the car got carbonized.

2011: I can't remember actually if this is late 2010 or early 2011, but I was very fortunate to get my hands on one of the first sets of Vanilla Performance BRC wheels. Got them in the elegant race grey color. Also got a sound setup geared towards SQ (I won best audio (Entry Setup) in a European Mobile Media Association (EMMA) contest last year).

Later that year, I felt the Heico exhaust wasn't cutting it for me, so I replaced it with a custom setup with bigger pipes and a reso delete, plus a more free flow muffler. Kudos to WTH Volvo for helping me come up with it. It's actually got a nice deep grumble, but quiet enough that there is no drone inside.

Late 2011 - early 2012, while waiting for my new wheels, I got my hands on a set of Vanilla Performance Carmonas 19x8.5 which gave the car a track look.

2012: Who said a Volvo can't be badass?! So again, I took it one step further and ordered a custom set of Vanilla Performance BRCs. The fronts are ET38, the rears are pulled from the Vanilla S60R line with ET30. The tires are Nitto Invo 235/35 R19, when on the Vanillas, they have a slight stretch. This gave me the very aggressive flushed stance I wanted. Vanillas FTW!

2013: Swapped out the thinning alcantara wrapped wheel to the OEM Sport wheel.

2014: Installed DTM-inspired front splitter.

Mid-2014: Refinished the Vanilla BRC wheels in MATTE GUNMETAL BLUE.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sick S40. Im loving those rims. Pretty all the mods youve done, I want on mine :)

Good you signed up to swedespeed :D

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
Thanks Xenobe! ...good vinyl work on your V50!

·
Registered
884 Posts
whats the setup difference from the first brc (2011) and the last (2012)? offset. tires width?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I love those wheels something for my silver volvo to look for :)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Outside: FANTASTIC!

Inside: not so much a fan of CF inside. Prefer more so shiny paint in pretty metallic colors :D

May I ask what tire size you are running? 225/34 R19 or 235/35 R19?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whats the setup difference from the first brc (2011) and the last (2012)? offset. tires width?
The first set of BRCs were ET40. If you check the 2011 pic, the rears weren't flushed enough. I wanted a more aggressive stance. Since they now come in ET40, 38, and 30, I got ET38 for the fronts and ET30 for the rears.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Outside: FANTASTIC!

Inside: not so much a fan of CF inside. Prefer more so shiny paint in pretty metallic colors :D

May I ask what tire size you are running? 225/34 R19 or 235/35 R19?
Thanks daim! ...I've seen your java brown addiction so I get where you're coming from.:D I guess it's down to personal preference. I like that most of the stuff on my car is silver or black. Since my interior is dark, the CF doesn't shout for attention, but it's a nice accent that compliments the other CF parts.;)

Sure, I'm running 235/35 R19 Nitto Invo tires.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I've been thinking of upping from 225/35 R19 to 235/35 R19 but I can't really be arsed to change all 4 tires at once :D

And yeah, the CF goes well inside, but like said: not quite mine :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been thinking of upping from 225/35 R19 to 235/35 R19 but I can't really be arsed to change all 4 tires at once :D

And yeah, the CF goes well inside, but like said: not quite mine :)
What if you start with the two rears? It looks beefy when you're following behind.:D

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Well I do need two new tires sometime, as my tires are badly worn (cupping etc.). But problem is, I have to head to the TÜV station to get them to look at it. They require then 4 tires in order to check all four corners... So either 4 tires and THEN the possibility, that the TÜV say "no, not possible" or keep with the 225s... :( Though the 225s being stretched do kind of look beefy...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I do need two new tires sometime, as my tires are badly worn (cupping etc.). But problem is, I have to head to the TÜV station to get them to look at it. They require then 4 tires in order to check all four corners... So either 4 tires and THEN the possibility, that the TÜV say "no, not possible" or keep with the 225s... :( Though the 225s being stretched do kind of look beefy...
Really? That sucks! So if you get wider tires and they say no, you gotta take them off? ...Sorry, not too familiar with TUV details, can you please expound on their ruling against the wider tires?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Really? That sucks! So if you get wider tires and they say no, you gotta take them off? ...Sorry, not too familiar with TUV details, can you please expound on their ruling against the wider tires?
Yeah, they can. The reason being, they are really super safety confident. They not only check the movement in the wheel wells but also other bits and bobs (speedo correctness etc.). They haven't got anything against wider tires but they they won't allow everything. My rims have papers stating, that they can be run with 235s but only on other cars... The C30 is written down with 225s. So I can only do that easily. If I want wider, it will cost a good bit...

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Good Gracious :eek:

It's so shiny!!!

I think I have seen pictures of your car before, probably from other members posting from events, but it's great to see some more detailed shots of it! Very nicely done my good sir.

Question about your painted trim, what kind of prep work was there before that?

1 - 20 of 217 Posts