SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any pictures of the silver ones on a black car? i've only been able to find silver on silver and the titanium gray on black, which i dont think looks that good

Modified by Cicada at 1:12 PM 8-9-2006

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: VST Monoblocks/Super Monoblocks (Cicada)

That rear window "fin" looks better & better every time I see it. Who sells it? Is it a VST part?

Is that a pinstripe I see on this car, or a reflection?

How much do these wheels sell for?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: VST Monoblocks/Super Monoblocks (Short Circuit)

iPD has the rear window spoiler

the VST super monoblocks in 18" are about 995 per, and if oyu want 19s in ti grey, theyre 1095 per.

the monoblocks are heavier, but look exactly the same and are nearly half the price.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Re: VST Monoblocks/Super Monoblocks (Cicada)

yeah im planning to buy the monoblocks in 18' in the silver color for my grey r
that is if i accumulate the fundage

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: VST Monoblocks/Super Monoblocks (veilsidez)

Quote, originally posted by veilsidez »
Like this??

But this is not R S60

thank you.

it looks better in silver on a black car than the Ti Grey ones do.

a nice contrast. lovely.

i think i've got my mind made up. are those 18 or 19? there's a 3 or 4lb weight difference between the sizes, so i was leaning more toward the 18s...but the 19s are ridiculously hot.

now...if i can only scrape together 5k for wheels and tires... :/ it'll have to wait til im done with atleast the mods i've got coming in the mail, and the ones im waiting to be released. the turbo can wait. i MUST have these wheels

btw, did they just cut out that second section of the body for the pipes? i know a lot of people here want a bumper with the second side cut out for dual exhaust..

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Re: VST Monoblocks/Super Monoblocks (Short Circuit)

Quote, originally posted by Short Circuit »
That rear window "fin" looks better & better every time I see it. Who sells it? Is it a VST part?

Is that a pinstripe I see on this car, or a reflection?

How much do these wheels sell for?

We stock the 18" Monoblocks in Silver and also have the S60 roof spoliers in stock.

17's are $495 ea 20 lbs
18's are $595 ea 22 lbs
19's are $695 ea 23 lbs

That is a pinstripe kit. It's availabe for sedans and wagons and it is around $200 if I recall.

Archived VST Info

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scott, do you restock the VST parts, or are you just selling out of what you currently have in stock? [i ask because i will definitely purchase the wheels from you, but i havent got that much for wheels right now
-- hopefully by year's end.]

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Re: (Cicada)

Quote, originally posted by Cicada »
Scott, do you restock the VST parts, or are you just selling out of what you currently have in stock? [i ask because i will definitely purchase the wheels from you, but i havent got that much for wheels right now
-- hopefully by year's end.]

We stock a small selection of VST parts and usuallly have a shipment coming in every 6-8 weeks, so you we can supply just about any VST part in a few weeks usually if we don't already stock it.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Re: (Scott Hart)

the monoblock is 21.6 lbs - according to VST
the supermonoblock is 18.7.

the supermonoblock looks a bit different due to the center cap area being more "bored out" looking...it's not flush..they hollowed it out... i honestlyt hink the regular monoblock looks a bit better...

is the 3 lbs difference between to the two something one could really tell via the butt dyno?

more importantly - at 21.6 lbs each - vs whatever stock pegs weigh )26 lbs i think is that 4 lbs really something oen would notice?

i guess if one went with the supermonoblocks..at just under 19 bls..one would have shaved off 7 lbs from the wheels...mabye *THAT* would be noticeable....

anyone here have actual experience going from a heavy peg to al ight weight wheel...on same day, same car, same conditions - and can hoenstly say they felt the car wa "faster"....not just *thought* it was faster/subjectively.....but said "whoa"....like it was a big difference that was unmistakeable...

i like the looks of the VST wheels...and some other aftermarket wheels...but i honestly think for OEM wheels..the pegs are actually pretty darn nice looking. the ONLY thing that would EVER get me to swap wheels would be for a VERIFIED/100% gauranteed gain in acceleration...otherwise. there is no real reason to switch. i like how pegs look....and the few wheels that are lighter AND look as good or better than pegs are big time expensive...so it wouldn't be woth it purely from a costmetic standpoint..it would need to be both better looking AND make a big difference in performance.

right now, i think my money would be better spend on aquamist, maybe a bigger turbo....rather than wheels..

but someone out there maybe has done the wheel swap and can say to a degree of certainty what kind of gain they saw. i think someone here once posted that they did think it was faster..like chipping the car..i forget....

anyone??

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (23109VC)

i think the 18" pegs are something closer to 30, or over 30 lbs each, but i'm not sure.

so even if you went with the regular monoblock in 18 youd be shaving nearly 10 lbs off each corner. the supermonoblock, even more. [ive pretty much ruled out 19s from my performance and weight standpoint -- i may still go that way, however.]

from a physics standpoint, there's no doubt that they'd have a positive effect on performance by reducing unsprung weight and rotating mass. Ride quality would probably be affected, though. But as with any performance mods, sacrifices are made.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Re: (Cicada)

Actually from weighing both my Graphite 18" Pegs and 18" VST Super Monoblock, they each weigh 26.5lbs and 19.1 lbs respectively (w/center caps).

HTH,
Awdnut

Modified by awdnut at 4:01 PM 8-9-2006

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.