SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
people Totally hates the new cars except for the 70 and 60's,just going to take my account off and stay on volvospeed alot more people with S40's and way better support

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Haha, I have noticed that on volvospeed too! the snotty comments about the new s40's. Eh, they have 15 year old cars I bet if they could afford a s40 they would have one o_O

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
@jordan: ???? Sorry man but I'm not sure what you are saying ....

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Haha, I have noticed that on volvospeed too! the snotty comments about the new s40's. Eh, they have 15 year old car I bet if they could afford a s40 they would have one o_O
They're just jealous, that their cars don't handle like a car, but more like an oil tanker!

The same problems are here in Germany. The P1 is the best Volvo since a long time, but they - not willing to test it - point and say "crap". The only time I accept a "crap" is if the person saying that, has driven a P1 for at least a week.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Volvospeed is the new turbobricks. It's best to leave them alone and let them think their little world is "reality".

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Personally, I find SwedeSpeed to be the best for tech info and such for the P1 platform.

I've barely even dabbled on C30World and already got in a heated argument with a guy who turned it into a personal attack against me and bashed things I've said on other websites. SwedeSpeed is my home and the website that has my loyalty. I proudly sport my SwedeSpeed stickers and I vote for this being the best forum for things Volvo related.

It seems that P1 owners seem to be some of the most understanding of all Volvos. Many of us here have owned or had bricks in the family and that's how we fell in love with Volvos. I think also, we respect the more mature S80 and the beastly new S60 because of the additional luxury that those cars offer. The kids with the bricks are either jealous or think our cars blend in with the crowd too much. Truth be told, the direction Volvo is headed is starting to blend in with other cars more, but the last ten years have offered some incredible cars and the P1s are still modern looking and quite rare in my area.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Heh...I saw them bashing your waterfall there. Can't really say I blame 'em. Posting something like that up is just asking for it as far as I'm concerned. That said, I think it's a much younger crowd over there. Swedespeed is probably the place that takes things the most seriously instead of making a joke of everything. They are pretty funny there usually...depends on what kind of mood you're in.

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Swedespeed is probably the place that takes things the most seriously instead of making a joke of everything.
SwedeSpeed has a lot of sarcasm in the S40/V50 section, but I feel that while we may occasionally bash, there's more constructive criticism rather than flat out criticism here. I don't know, this is just the forum I call home :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I the guys I did meet off of VS were awesome, they were like my age and two guy were slightly old but it was fun, The fingerpainted fall yeah I do Deserve that,but hey its something new right? The new job should look way better,anyways I'll just stay on here I already sport the SS love on my car anyways, This is just a better environment for the P1, I did have 244 and I loved it,but for right now i'll just keep it here although not too many people from WA are are the P1 scene as much,but hey whatever

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
ya no for sure, THIS is the ultimate S40/V50 forum. Although I'd give 2nd place to c30 world because the car is the same platform (P1) and a lot of the same mechanical know how applies!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Most of the time when I need help on S40-related stuff, I get referred here (search engines, referrals from other websites). This is more of an S40-dedicated website. If I had an S60R, I'd be on both forums. But I'm not, so I'm here.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I beg to differ, i am a long time VSer.... SS R forum is full of know it alls. I troll SS, but i actually contribute to VS. and OP, your dash is hideous. That poor car!

On VS you actually have people that do their own work on SS R forum they pay people to do their work. I cant say the same about the other sub forums, i don't frequent them enough to give a opinion.

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I beg to differ, i am a long time VSer.... SS R forum is full of know it alls. I troll SS, but i actually contribute to VS. and OP, your dash is hideous. That poor car!

On VS you actually have people that do their own work on SS R forum they pay people to do their work. I cant say the same about the other sub forums, i don't frequent them enough to give a opinion.

Whatever man it was mistake on my part,I took the criticism and re did it,I wasn't oblivious on how bad it looked,and I don't know its just better over here,maybe when I get my other Volvo I will venture over there

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Whatever man it was mistake on my part,I took the criticism and re did it,I wasn't oblivious on how bad it looked,and I don't know its just better over here,maybe when I get my other Volvo I will venture over there
At least on vs, there is a search that works!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Personally, I find SwedeSpeed to be the best for tech info and such for the P1 platform.

I've barely even dabbled on C30World and already got in a heated argument with a guy who turned it into a personal attack against me and bashed things I've said on other websites. SwedeSpeed is my home and the website that has my loyalty. I proudly sport my SwedeSpeed stickers and I vote for this being the best forum for things Volvo related.

It seems that P1 owners seem to be some of the most understanding of all Volvos. Many of us here have owned or had bricks in the family and that's how we fell in love with Volvos. I think also, we respect the more mature S80 and the beastly new S60 because of the additional luxury that those cars offer. The kids with the bricks are either jealous or think our cars blend in with the crowd too much. Truth be told, the direction Volvo is headed is starting to blend in with other cars more, but the last ten years have offered some incredible cars and the P1s are still modern looking and quite rare in my area.
+1
I was on turbobricks for a while (very helpful when I had my 745 and 244) but since purchasing the S40, this is where I need to be. You guys (or gals, really not sure) keep me out of a lot of trouble. I did quite a bit of research here and on other sites before jumping into the S40, I know I need a car that I can tinker with and get results out of......that's where you come in!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yeah I the guys I did meet off of VS were awesome, they were like my age and two guy were slightly old but it was fun, The fingerpainted fall yeah I do Deserve that,but hey its something new right? The new job should look way better,anyways I'll just stay on here I already sport the SS love on my car anyways, This is just a better environment for the P1, I did have 244 and I loved it,but for right now i'll just keep it here although not too many people from WA are are the P1 scene as much,but hey whatever
Fingerpainted waterfall, that's interesting. I can have my monsters do as they please with fingerpaint and the aluminum components and then I can get them clear coated! That's brilliant! I feel a project coming on......

Then all I have to do is get the paint removed from the hood and polish it and presto!;)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts

Let me guess: the Dude?

No matter where you come from, who you are, what race you are, what your job is and how old you are, he will know you better than you know yourself! And he can't leave an argument without going "below the belt".

1 - 20 of 64 Posts